NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Kitty and Ocrevus (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/252769-kitty-ocrevus.html)

kicker 12-30-2018 01:11 PM

Kitty and Ocrevus

Did you do it?

Kitty 12-30-2018 05:45 PM

Still waiting for Humana to approve and set up IV schedule. I'm so tired of waiting!! Hoping it will be in the net few weeks but I'll be sure to post about it once I start it.

JoanB 03-26-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 1270893)
Still waiting for Humana to approve and set up IV schedule. I'm so tired of waiting!! Hoping it will be in the net few weeks but I'll be sure to post about it once I start it.

Kitty, did it ever come through for you? From what i can tell, almost 3 months from your last post...that's a long time to wait!

Grammie 2 3 03-27-2019 07:48 PM

Kitty,
I read where you said you would be sure to post when you started it but, I hope you have started the med and are doing o k.
Linda

Kitty 03-28-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoanB (Post 1273923)
Kitty, did it ever come through for you? From what i can tell, almost 3 months from your last post...that's a long time to wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammie 2 3 (Post 1273949)
Kitty,
I read where you said you would be sure to post when you started it but, I hope you have started the med and are doing o k.
Linda

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry for not responding sooner. I'm having a bout with Optic Neuritis right now and my left eye is blurry. :(

I haven't started the Ocrevus yet. Not sure if I ever will. The insurance company approved the IV meds but then decided it needed a "Letter of Medical Necessity". Does this sound backwards to anyone but me? Why approve the IV if you need a letter explaining why it's needed? I called Humana about it but the girl I got on the phone didn't know. Ugh..........:rolleyes:

If I EVER get to start it I'll let ya'll know. Don't hold your breath, though.

Grammie 2 3 03-30-2019 08:10 PM

Kitty,
I am so sorry you are still waiting ..disgusting! I hope your Dr. gets that letter to Humana ASAP.

I want a med called Amantadine. I have emailed my doc and now, left a paper for him with the receptionist, where I found out he now only works Tues/Wed :( I need it at a higher dose than normal, as I learned in a study it helps walking. I hope I don't have to do more after Tues BUT, I will. I want this med !!

Think good thoughts for me :)
Linda

Kitty 04-02-2019 12:35 PM

I hope you can get Amantadine without too much trouble on your part.

I've heard of it but didn't know it helped with walking. I'd always thought it was a fatigue med. I take Modofinil (Provigil) for fatigue and it really works well for me.

I hope you get it soon and that it works well for you. :) Keep us posted!

Grammie 2 3 04-05-2019 11:28 AM

Hi Kitty,
Thanks ! I did get it and started it yesterday.
I will keep you all posted :)
Linda