NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Movement Problems (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/252814-movement.html)

Condor 01-08-2019 07:38 PM

Movement Problems

Long time member since 1999, having trouble initiating movement in my arms, hands and legs. Left side is the worst. I have had bi-lateral rib resections with full scalenectomy. It seems to be progressing, and is a little scary. Do any of you have the same problem? I don't know anyone who has had this. When I try to move or change sides while in bed I almost panic. Also, they lowered my pain meds one year ago and I shake a lot. Looking forward to any input. Stephen

Condor 01-09-2019 02:19 PM

To all who have read my post, Thank you! I will look for answers by reading the threads.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1271147)
Long time member since 1999, having trouble initiating movement in my arms, hands and legs. Left side is the worst. I have had bi-lateral rib resections with full scalenectomy. It seems to be progressing, and is a little scary. Do any of you have the same problem? I don't know anyone who has had this. When I try to move or change sides while in bed I almost panic. Also, they lowered my pain meds one year ago and I shake a lot. Looking forward to any input. Stephen

Condor 03-28-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1271164)
To all who have read my post, Thank you! I will look for answers by reading the threads.

I got my answer, I have Parkinsons.

Condor 03-31-2019 02:01 PM

Parkinsons

I went to the VA and was tested for movement disorders, my PC gave me the news. It took awhile for it to sink in. I regret posting in a short manner. Please accept my apology.
Stephen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1273972)

Rain shower 04-01-2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1274062)
I went to the VA and was tested for movement disorders, my PC gave me the news. It took awhile for it to sink in. I regret posting in a short manner. Please accept my apology.
Stephen

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Your symptoms would have frightened me also. At least now you know.

No need for apology.

Posts on this site have been slow.

Sending you warm and positive thoughts that you are able to treat your symptoms.

I am on this site couple times a day just don't post much.

Regard,
Cindy

CRPSinSC 04-01-2019 08:47 AM

Hi Stephen: I am occasionally on the site, as my medical issue, CRPS, doesn't get a lot of traffic here, but I do check in and read posts from time to time. I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but at least now that you know what it is, you can learn more about it, and not feel so helpless having symptoms and not knowing what in the world they could mean.
I would have responded sooner to your OP, but I had no idea what the issue was and couldn't be helpful.

CRPSbe 04-02-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1273972)

I'm sorry to hear that!

Hang in there.

I know my youngest aunt's former husband has this too. It's not an easy disease to cope with.

birchlake 04-02-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1274062)
Stephen

Stephen, you absolutely, positively have no need to apologize. Thank you for posting and also for your update which I'm sure is taking some time to process.

I hope that you are getting good care for your Parkinsons. I don't know much about it, but I have one uncle who currently has it. He said that there are some decent treatments available for it that have helped him.

All the best to you as you figure this out...

Tashi 06-07-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 1271147)

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My friend's husband was diagnosed with Parkinsons. Benzo's seems to help with the shaking, motor disorder as well as the emotional component that goes with it. He gets himself to the gym every day and he feels that helps him. I think he works out on the equipment.