NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Idiopathic neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/252884-idiopathic-neuropathy.html)

hcolemanjr 01-21-2019 01:32 PM

Idiopathic neuropathy

Hi i have been dealing with neuropathy for six years it is destroying my life and gets worse day by day when I first had neuropathy I was nineteen to the the point i could not wlk. I thought it was a result of zoloft so when I got off it it went away. Four years later I get neuropathy relly bad only this time it's affecting how I use the bathroom. At first docs outside of my family doctor thought it was diabetes but my family doctor said my sugar wasn't high enough to get this reaction. So now no one can find whats going on and I feel I should give up since Im not getting any answers. Has anyone with dibetes had neuropathy nd it went away almost completely and come back worse than ever? And should I keep looking for a solution to my problem?

kiwi33 01-21-2019 04:55 PM

Hi hcolemanjr

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

The elevated glucose levels associated with poorly-managed Type 2 diabetes can lead to peripheral neuropathy.

I think that it would be worth arranging for three kinds of clinical tests to be done; a fasting glucose blood test, a oral glucose tolerance test and a glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c) test.

The results of these should be helpful.

Best wishes.

janieg 01-21-2019 09:44 PM

You might want to read this article on glucose spiking. My a1c is 5.1, and my glucose can spike to the 300 range after high carb consumption. The only way I know this is happening is because I bought an inexpensive glucose monitor at the drug store and began checking my blood sugar after developing idiopathic neuropathy. No doctor will say it's responsible for my problems, but those spikes certainly aren't helping my nerves.

I'm on a low carb diet as a result.

Diabetic-level glucose spikes seen in healthy people | News Center | Stanford Medicine

_____

hcolemanjr 01-22-2019 02:00 PM

Has anyone had the neuropathy where they couldn't walk and it went away and came back. Plus what brand of fishoil do you use

janieg 01-22-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcolemanjr (Post 1271609)
Has anyone had the neuropathy where they couldn't walk and it went away and came back. Plus what brand of fishoil do you use

Viva Naturals

1400mg of EPA & 480 mg of DHA and triglyceride form

Amazon.com: Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement by Viva Naturals, 18 Capsules - Fish Oil Omega 3 Pills, 2,2mg Fish Oil/serving (14mg of EPA & 48 mg of DHA): Health & Personal Care

____

Jomar 01-28-2019 05:41 PM

Also explore the PN sticky threads at top of the PN section, if you haven't seen them yet..

IPN1967 02-07-2019 12:11 PM

Janieg,

How long have you been on a low carb diet and it reducing your neuropathy symptoms?

Thanks

janieg 02-07-2019 07:34 PM

I've been eating low carb since about 2015 when I realized I experienced bad glucose spikes. I cannot say that it helped my neuropathy symptoms, but given that high glucose is a definite insult to nerves, I have to believe it's helped it from getting even worse than it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPN1967 (Post 1272193)
Janieg,

How long have you been on a low carb diet and it reducing your neuropathy symptoms?

Thanks