NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   stopping in a visiting everyone (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/252888-stopping-visiting.html)

allen L 01-23-2019 04:58 AM

stopping in a visiting everyone

Its been years since I posted on this board.
Im sorry, life just got busy.

I wanted to once again thank everyone for giving me a positive attitude when I was down in the dumps.

Ive been on a steady course of cellcept and I still get IVIG (gamunex) every 10 weeks.

this combo has kept me in decent shape.

Im not young and as active as Ive been most of my life, but at 64, I have no complaints.

I still woodwork when Im feeling strong, and have been travelling a bit more, both by air and car. Just recently I drove out to Chicago from NY by myself with stops ofcourse. Felt good. feeling good.

My neuro seems to have things under control,

I hope everyone is feeling good.

allen L 01-24-2019 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive been feeling very good, I just finished this pantry cabinet for a relative. I am an amateur woodworker
I retired in 2010 and turned to woodworking to keep myself busy when I feel good

Ive grown to learn what my limits are and don't get depressed or miserable when things aren't going right with the mg.
Keeping a positive attitude all the time.

finuch 01-30-2019 04:39 PM

How great that you're feeling well enough and strong enough to continue with your hobby.

She's a beauty, Allen. Thanks for sharing.

6thCranialNerve 02-01-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen L (Post 1271701)
Ive been feeling very good, I just finished this pantry cabinet for a relative. I am an amateur woodworker
I retired in 2010 and turned to woodworking to keep myself busy when I feel good

Ive grown to learn what my limits are and don't get depressed or miserable when things aren't going right with the mg.

Gorgeous and talented work! I was dx with Ocular Myasthenia Gravis 9/18. I am on Mestinon, Cellcept, Previgen 100GM every 3 weeks. I was taking my IVIG every 4 weeks; but having breakthrough. I am looking forward to seeing an improvement in my health after several rounds. I hope to go back to work part-time. I am an infusion nurse and have given over 100K grams of IVIG. Isn't it ironic? :)

allen L 02-05-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thCranialNerve (Post 1271957)
Gorgeous and talented work! I was dx with Ocular Myasthenia Gravis 9/18. I am on Mestinon, Cellcept, Previgen 100GM every 3 weeks. I was taking my IVIG every 4 weeks; but having breakthrough. I am looking forward to seeing an improvement in my health after several rounds. I hope to go back to work part-time. I am an infusion nurse and have given over 100K grams of IVIG. Isn't it ironic? :)

not ironic, just a bad draw of cards, that's the way I always viewed it.
got dealt a cruddy hand.

give the cellcept time to kick in, it was amazing for me alleviated most of the tougher symptoms.
feel good.

AnnieB3 02-20-2019 10:37 PM

Hey, Allen!!! Nice to see you! What a beautiful cabinet!

I'm glad you're doing well. Good thing that the Cellcept kicked in.

Creativity really helps, doesn't it? Everything else kind of disappears when focused on creating. I try to meditate, listen to soothing music, watch good vids (usually educational), play with my Shih Tzu, and write. Not that easy some days though. :cool:

Don't be a stranger! I miss so many people from the forum. Here's hoping that you will continue to do well!!!

:grouphug:
Annie

susan_mela 02-21-2019 05:05 PM

Beautiful work. Keep up the spirit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen L (Post 1271701)