NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   Insomnia and Homeopathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/252995-insomnia-homeopathy.html)

caroline2 02-09-2019 03:15 PM

Insomnia and Homeopathy

This issue seems to be huge and so many take drugs and supplements and whatever they are trying and many still have issues. I never hear talk about homeopathy and insomnia.

Homeopathic Medicines for Sleeplessness - Insomnia

Here is some history I just found out, that FDR had taken on more homeopathics back in his days, this medicine would be used more in the US. In the world, the U.S. is last in this use, it's growing but still last. Pharma and it's bottom line, profits.

The Roosevelt Family and Homeopathy | Sue Young Histories

Personally I have a sleep combo that gives me a good 8+ hrs of deep sleep and often I pop a Calms Forte' in the wee hours when I wake for the bathroom and want to get right back to sleep...works every time. Calms is homeopathic.

I love love to find pieces to the puzzle.

kiwi33 02-09-2019 04:36 PM

An evidence-based way of dealing with insomnia is practising sleep hygiene (learning good habits for sleeping well).

There is an account of it here.

Sleep hygiene - Better Health Channel

caroline2 02-09-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi33 (Post 1272271)
An evidence-based way of dealing with insomnia is practising sleep hygiene (learning good habits for sleeping well).

There is an account of it here.

Sleep hygiene - Better Health Channel

On another group I'm a member I hear over and over techniques that are used to the 9's and many still claim to have huge issues.

I glanced at the techniques and yes these are used by all, to their degrees that they say. I don't have this issue, but love to find help for others. Some claim they had this issue since a child.

So could be homeopathy would help those hitting their heads against a wall trying to sleep.

kiwi33 02-09-2019 07:25 PM

Caroline, I read your link to insomnia and homeopathy with interest.

One thing which struck me is how often it uses Latin-sounding terms to describe common chemicals. Some examples are:

Kali Phos; this is potassium phosphate.

Natrum Mur; this is salt (NaCl).

Aurum Met; this is gold metal.

Arsenic Album; this is arsenic trioxide.

Baryta Carb; this is barium carbonate.

Are there any clinical trials which have shown that, for example, Arsenic Album (arsenic trioxide) is effective in treatment of insomnia?

caroline2 02-09-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi33 (Post 1272276)
Caroline, I read your link to insomnia and homeopathy with interest.

One thing which struck me is how often it uses Latin-sounding terms to describe common chemicals. Some examples are:

Kali Phos; this is potassium phosphate.

Natrum Mur; this is salt (NaCl).

Aurum Met; this is gold metal.

Arsenic Album; this is arsenic trioxide,

Baryta Carb; this is barium carbonate.

Do you think that using somewhat pretentious Latin-sounding words is a key part of homeopathy?

Like cures Like = Homeopathy

I don't know the science but one site talked about Greek origin and I could not open it to post it and I'll try again later.

Homeopathy: Like Cures Like - Simple Medicine

I've used homeopathic remedies for some yrs -- off and on -- but recently my daughter brought me an HGH Homeopathic Gel that she is finding unbelievable in so many parts of one's body, anti aging, pain, skin etc etc etc..so I'm trying it and into my 4th day and already feeling a shift in the OA pain I deal with, damaged joints and then add the advanced aging with wear and tear. So I've renewed my interest in homeopathics and hence finding more things to discuss.

If something helps and works I don't question the science too much. Just so it's not hurting me and homeopathics are pretty darn safe and affordable.

caroline2 02-09-2019 09:00 PM

Here is the link I had trouble opening:

The homeopathic principle of like cures like

Jomar 02-09-2019 11:36 PM

A Condensed History of Homeopathy – Homeopathic.com

I think most medical terms are based in Latin/Greek..
[Medical terminology often uses words created using prefixes and suffixes in Latin and Ancient Greek. In medicine, their meanings, and their etymology, are informed by the language of origin. Prefixes and suffixes, primarily in Greek—but also in Latin, have a dropable -o-.]
Medical terminology - Wikipedia