NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Bizi's new 2019 thread( a little late) (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/253434-bizis-2019-thread-little-late.html)

bizi 04-12-2019 11:40 PM

Bizi's new 2019 thread( a little late)

Since my post went over 500 I thought I would start a new thread.
Now I am getting sick...really scratchy throat, starting to get a cough. Took a zyrtek this morning. So far no sneezing. Every body is suffering with allergies.
I just took some nite quil, I got up early today at 5;30am...just took my night meds. hope I can sleep tonight. Will see what I wake up with in the morning.
bizi

bizi 04-12-2019 11:44 PM

please post here.
thank you
bizi

kiwi33 04-13-2019 05:22 AM

Bizi, I hope that your throat and cough get better soon.

:hug:

OhKay 04-13-2019 09:57 AM

Poor Jeff! I know he's already on a lot of meds, but I would get him some Mucinex for his chest congestion ASAP if he's not already on it, or something like it, because he's already really sick, and he doesn't need to get any sicker :hug::hug::hug:

I hope that the Zyrtec works and you find that you are/were just suffering from allergies- not catching anything from Jeff. Post nasal drip could account for the scratchy throat and cough. You may want to try regular nasal spray to help with that if you wake up in the morning and feel like the cough is just allergy-related.

I hope you got some sleep and are both feeling much better this morning! :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 04-13-2019 10:21 AM

Still on the verge of being sick.... just a scratchy throat, little cough, thickening of the back of my throat.
Crossing fingers, took a zyrtek and allegra d this morning.
Made a call to a client, will see her at 1;30pm this afternoon after lunch at chris's po boys.
Chicken and sausage gumbo sounds good on my throat.
I broke my fast last night and had a fudge pop at around 9pm.
It felt good on my throat. We watched an episode of LOST last night. Great show!

I have been picking at my face but have been trying to do better. I have 2 small white pimples on my right side of my nose. I am leaving those alone for now. They are sensitive to touch.
My nose is bright red on that side of my nose from weeks of pimples and picking.I also have pimples and scabs on the left side of my face from pimples and picking. this will leave scars no doubt. and is red and lumpy. my poor face. It is a good thing I have this "camophlage" makeup/cover up. It works wonders!

I have been wearing lip stick for a few days now. Jeff said he liked it. And eye liner which gets messy by the end of the day. need to get some vaseline to take it off easily. I like it, some of my clients have complimented so that is nice to hear. I like it too and think it helps me feel less self conscious about my face.

I am only using the benzolperoxide cleaner at night to take off my make up and then wash my face with the seaweed/charcoal soap, then I use the vitamin c serum followed by a light moisturizer. My face seems to be happy with these products. So will keep using them. I get them cheaper on amazon!
Sorry for going on and on about this.
I wish I could quit picking, have been a picker my whole life.
My poor face is covered in scars...you think I would have learned to leave my face alone!
sigh
bizi

OhKay 04-13-2019 10:43 AM

Oh no! I was hoping you would feel better this morning! :hug::hug::hug:

I have been a picker my whole life, too. I've dealt with the redness, extra pimples, and scars from it, too. I had very severe acne from lithium and it left some really bad scars. I still pick tho. It can all make you feel so self-conscious, so I can understand why you want to talk about it :hug::hug::hug:

I'm so glad that the new concealer is working out so well for you, and the rest of the products you are using seem to agree with your skin :)
I buy a lot of things on Amazon. I wear a face moisturizer by Clarins that I can buy almost $20 cheaper there. And that's just 1 product. It all adds up.

I'm glad that you're getting so many compliments because of the makeup you started wearing! I hope that it is boosting your self-esteem :)

I'm surprised you are seeing a client on a Saturday!

Enjoy your lunch today! Gumbo does sound like something soothing to eat if you are not feeling well :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 04-13-2019 05:42 PM

I gave jeff some mucinex to take every 12 hours, just got home from visiting a friend Doris. She is the one I went on a manic trip to hear a blue grass concert then went to hot springs arkansas. a couple of octobers ago.

WE are going to a cook out tonight with some friends of ours.
He is not drinking either, paul jeffs best friend here...gave up alcohol for lent again, does it every year. So he has been helpful, I have called him a couple of times for encouragement....Jeff has been helpful too.

bizi

bizi 04-13-2019 10:43 PM

Still alcohol free one more week of abs then we shall see what I do then. I have had a pretty regular weight loss14.1 pounds in 5 weeks. I would say that is pretty good. I still look pregnant. My Intermittant fasting is working and following a lowish carb diet.
Went to a dinner it was all very good and healthy
baked chicken and asparagus and brussel sprouts and cucumbers and we brought a lovely fruit salad that hubby made. with strawberries pineapple, blue berries and raspberries. yummy. snacked on some dark chocolate almond candy and some roasted almonds. Very filling but not stuffed!
Then proceeded to drink 5 sparkling sodas.
I hope I don't have to get up to go pee too many times tonight!
Our friend paul is also abstaining from alcohol for lent. And hubby is taking anti biotics so he was drinking water too. so rob was the only one drinking whisky.
I did not miss it as I was not nervous being around them. So I think I can continue to do this after easter.
bizi

OhKay 04-14-2019 08:41 AM

It's good that Jeff is taking the Mucinex :)

It's great that you saw Doris! When is the last time you saw her?

I'm so glad that you have been getting support from Jeff and Paul :hug:
And I'm happy that you felt comfortable around the people at the cookout and feel like you can abstain from alcohol after Easter :)

I drink a lot more non-alcoholic beverages when I'm out and around people who are drinking, or if I want to avoid eating too much. I hope you didn't have to get up too pee last night and got some good sleep...

How are you feeling? Do you think you have, or are getting, a cold?

bizi 04-14-2019 09:47 AM

Thanks kay!
I just took zyrtek and allegra d for my symptoms, have a yucky cough and scratchy throat still have some sniffles, my eyes are watering this morning.
So I am fighting what ever this is.

Jeff is better today. still coughing a bit. I got up and went to the other bed room last night because I felt like I was going to have a coughing fit and went pee. The house was cold so I had to get up and get a blanket to put on top of me. I got a cough drop and that seemed to help ward off a coughing fit. Took another clonipin just .5mg to see if that would help me get back to sleep and it did.

Got up at 8:30. Jeff got up shortly after me.
It is cooler outside.
WE dodged a bullet last night. There were supposed to be heavy rains and storms...but did not. It had been gusty and heavy winds all day yesterday.
Invited melissa and her hubby brian for dinner tonight we have a meat loaf that needs to be eaten along with some pork sausage I was going to mix the two together to make it a 2 pound loaf. Yesterday she said maybe...They were going to go to lake martin to go kayaking and she is an excellent photographer.

She calls that her happy place.
They have been training for a half marathon...so proud of them both!

Visited with my friend Doris for a few hours yesterday so that was great seeing her. Doris went with me 2 octobers ago when we went to north carolina to hear bluegrass. I think I was hypo or manic on that trip, looking back at it.
She is a good friend.
I am drinking plenty of fluids like usual.
Need to hop into the shower...it has been 5 days.
sigh:eek:
wish it weren't such an ordeal but it is....

Looking forward to my bacon lettuce egg tomato mayo on rye bread sandwich This morning...love it! It has become my usual choice...took me long enough to finally eat some bread with out freaking out!

This is the only bread that I have for the week though.

lots of love for my friends here,
bizi:grouphug:

Dmom3005 04-14-2019 11:59 AM

Bizi

I enjoy your post they are so lovely. I can't seem to get out of
the rut of eating so I'm still working on it.

I eat lots more when I'm out and running around. Than when I'm
home with no one around. But that is because Dale and the kids
aren't around to eat too.

But that is okay I have things to eat. Just don't like to eat by myself.
Anyway, I am having either a frozen lasagna or chicken pot pie today.
Haven't decided which I want, or both. Hmmm, will have to decide
later.

Oh well. Anyway its life.

I had roast beef, potato cakes for lunch, at Arbys, and then I had
hmmm, Hamburger for dinner, and a Wendy's frosty my spurlger.
Donna :grouphug:

Lots of water yesterday.

Donna

bizi 04-14-2019 01:03 PM

oh donna, i love arby's potato cakes!!!!
I hate eating alone too.

The BLT with an egg sandwich was delicious!
It was to come with a side of potatoes or grits, I said no sides.
I left some of the crust behind so am very satisfied....
Jeff enjoyed his Ruebin sandwich too.

Our friends backed out of dinner and said that we need to get together soon.
oh well...that meat loaf still needs to be eaten, maybe we can call paul to see if he would like to come over for a quick dinner?

Jeff has a lot of paper work that needs to be done (he is 2 months behind in doing the check book)and I have busy paper work to do as well....I listen to the grateful dead music cassette tape from years ago....when ever I have to do paperwork that I don't like doing.

bizi

OhKay 04-15-2019 06:32 AM

I'm so glad you had a nice visit with Doris! :)
How is her mother doing? If I remember right, she was very ill?

I'm sorry that the allergy meds aren't helping more. I can't imagine how bad off you would be right now without them! :eek: I hope that this cold, or whatever it is, passes quickly, and you start feeling better soon! :hug::hug::hug:
It's okay that Jeff is still coughing right nw. The Mucinex is loosening up the phlegm and post nasal drip from his infection, and the cough is preventing it from moving further down his respiratory tract :hug::hug::hug:

I'm sorry that you friends won't be joining you for dinner. Can you freeze half the meatloaf if Paul can't come over, or have you already frozen the meat before?

I hope you two got all your paperwork done!

bizi 04-15-2019 12:21 PM

WE are having the left over meat loaf for dinner. With some veggie soup from sandras and some tabouli from there as well.
yummy.
Jeff joined me for lunch since he is off for spring break all this week. I had a rare tuna steak with chard and smothered cabbage and zucchini.
jeff had a club sandwich and a cucumber and tomato salad.
We both liked our meal!
Have to get going have a client at 1pm.
bizi

bizi 04-15-2019 11:16 PM

Our cat Hattie, had surgery on her back and side today to remove 2 cancerous masses.
WE know this because she had them removed prior to this by another vet a few months ago.
They grew back so this new vet said he thought he got it all. We will see. He took out part of her muscle so it is painful. We have pain meds to give to her. She is wearing the thunder shirt again and is doing well adjusting to being home. Hazel has hissed at her a few times. She has eaten and drank water so that is good. no throw up.This will be the last surgery we will do.
She is only 10 years old. we will just take things as they come.We are hopeful....
just wanted to let you know.
bizi

mymorgy 04-16-2019 04:47 AM

sending prayers
love
bobby

Dmom3005 04-16-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1274510)
Our cat Hattie, had surgery on her back and side today to remove 2 cancerous masses.
WE know this because she had them removed prior to this by another vet a few months ago.
They grew back so this new vet said he thought he got it all. We will see. He took out part of her muscle so it is painful. We have pain meds to give to her. She is wearing the thunder shirt again and is doing well adjusting to being home. Hazel has hissed at her a few times. She has eaten and drank water so that is good. no throw up.This will be the last surgery we will do.
She is only 10 years old. we will just take things as they come.We are hopeful....
just wanted to let you know.
bizi

Hoping Hattie does lots better this time. I hope the pain stays away and the growths do too.

Enjoy Jeff's spring break.
Donna :hug::grouphug:

OhKay 04-17-2019 06:40 AM

Poor Hattie... I hope she recovers quickly :hug::hug::hug:

How are you and Jeff feeling?

When is the awards ceremony?

bizi 04-17-2019 07:53 AM

the awards banquet is april 25th, jeffs brother brian is flying in for the weekend.thur-sunday. He has never been here before. So that will be fun, I will take him around. I have scheduled off work.

ugh
need coffee!
bizi

bizi 04-17-2019 11:27 AM

6 weeks sober.
bizi

mymorgy 04-17-2019 01:24 PM

just so wonderful
love
bobby

Dmom3005 04-17-2019 03:08 PM

Good job Bizi.

I think this is a great way to think about it.

Hoping you can set maybe another 6 weeks goal for soberness.

Donna :grouphug::hug:

OhKay 04-18-2019 07:31 AM

6 weeks AF is something to be really proud of! I'm really proud of you! :):):)

I bet it will be fun to have your BIL down there for the weekend of the awards ceremony. From your posts, it sounds like you like him... ?

bizi 04-18-2019 09:01 AM

174.2 this morning!
I do like my BIL!
Veggie mousaka for lunch today!!!!
yay!!!!
just took a shower....ugh!
must get on with the day.
bizi

bizi 04-19-2019 07:39 AM

From the weekly weigh ins: weight lost

3-6= 190.8
3-13= 181.6 (-9.2)
3-20= 179.4 (-2.2)
3-27= 178.8 (-.6)
4-2= 179.1 (+.3)
4-9= 176.9 (-2.2)
4-16= 176 (-.9)
4-19= 174.6 (-1.4)

total pounds lost since march 6th= 16.2pounds
not counting the first week of diet I have lost an average of 1 pound per week. 7 pounds over the past 6 weeks. I will hunker down until may 1st my first goal weight of 169.9.
I don't think I can get there but who knows! Being alcohol free is the only way that I could have lost this weight. Intermittant fasting has worked and lowerish carb dieting.
bizi
that is 4.7 pounds in 12 days!...maybe!

bizi 04-19-2019 08:28 AM

Have been obsessing over my weight loss.

It is hard being alcohol free for lent.

Don't know what I will do come easter

maybe drink easter then go back to AF?

bizi

bizi 04-20-2019 09:15 AM

I weigh 172.8 this morning!!!!
Yay!!!
maybe I can get to my goal weight?
3 more pounds by may 1st.
Will go to our favorite place for gumbo this morning.
Then I see a couple of clients this afternoon out of town...it is called Iota.
Not sure what else I am going to do today, need to do something.
Maybe I will go to the gym?

On to my second cup of coffee.
Yesterday I bought some beef kebobs for the grill for easter.
This will be the first easter not with friends as Paul is
out of town visiting his mom in north carolina. Jeff is picking him up at the air port
tomorrow at 11pm. He gave up alcohol for lent as well. He told Jeff that he will be drunk when he picks him up. lol
Still have not decided whether or not if I am going to drink.
Well I still look pregnant but just not as much.
This is progress!
I should have measured myself on march 6th when I started at 190.8.

Am going for my 3rd cup of coffee.
Forgot to take my noon meds yesterday after lunch. . Discovered they were still in my pocket(pill container) around 4pm so I took just the geodon and lamictal and left the vitamins for today.

My business has been slower. I need to get more clients. Am afraid to advertise because I need to slowly increase the numbers. Afraid if I advertised then I would have a large influx of clients that I could not handle.

Still have not heard anything from the board/or lawyer.
I will wait patiently.
Still alcohol free, 51 days, that is 6 1/2 weeks and lost 18 pounds.

happy about this!

bizi

bizi 04-20-2019 09:40 AM

Yesterdays food:

Lunch:
11:30am Ate at sandras health food cafe, spinach stuffed lobster with melted butter and shrimp kebob with bok choy and zuchini and purple cabbage. It was delicious!
4pm snack: a little of this new cheese that I got from sandras. I really like it, soft and buttery.
6;30 dinner: at whole foods, 8 oz of fresh pineapple and 6 oz of red raspberries and 3 oz of hard hard cheese. So hard I could hardly cut the rind off with a sharp knife. It must have had little to no fat at all.

It was very good! I was done eating at 7pm. So with in my 8 hour of eating and was full.
Forgot to tell you that I am drinking plain water a lot!
Over half gallon a day, it helps to keep me full.
I am not hungry on this diet.
Would highly recommend this to any one who has struggled to lose weight.
Bizi

bizi 04-20-2019 09:54 AM

Body Mass Index(BMI)
27.1 BMI= overweight today
29.9= almost obese at start of diet.

bizi 04-21-2019 12:12 AM

I ate quite a lot today so tonight I jumped on the scale and it read 178.2
How could that be possible?
The scale keeps saying low...that must mean it needs a new battery?
So maybe it is not reading correctly.
maybe I have not lost the weight that I thought I did.
sigh
bizi

OhKay 04-21-2019 09:35 AM

You've been within the same range, so I think that it's probably a recent problem.
I would buy a new battery or scale immediately since you are such a slave to the scale :hug::hug::hug:

You are SO close to your goal weight, I think you can make it by March 1st. But if you start drinking regularly again, I don't think you will, Bizi :hug::hug::hug:
If you drink for one day, I don't think it will be a big deal tho. It would be like a cheat day if you decide to do that.

bizi 04-21-2019 09:49 AM

Scale said 175.1 this morning.
so I think that is correct. wish it was still 172.8 but my weight fluctuates.
so it was 174 just a couple of days ago.

so I think it is the right weight.
I must not get discouraged.
need to change the battery.
bizi

bizi 04-21-2019 10:19 AM

175.1, scale is acting up needs a new battery.
can't believe my numbers.
I think this is a correct weight, maybe yesterday was not?
did not eat great yesterday, ate a lot of salty almonds and ate 4 oz of cheese.
and 2 slices of pizza and drank raspberry flavored soda,
instead of beer at the music trivia last night.
IT was fun....can't decide if I will drink today or not.
Maybe call it a cheat day then back to AF/abs tomorrow.
I will not be reaching my goal weight that is for sure,
but that is ok.
bizi
Happy easter and passover!

bizi 04-21-2019 01:02 PM

thank you ladies for your support. https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/ass...icons/e220.gif
Hubby and I went out for brunch today at IHOP.
I had scrambled eggs, hash browns a small serving,
2 small pieces of ham and 2 small crepes with lots of
lingunberries (think tiny tart berry).
I am very full.
Our regular diner was closed today.

Dinner tonight will be:
Sirloin steak kabobs on the grill, corn on the cob grilled and spinach salad and berries for dessert.
It is a beautiful. Jeff said he would walk more slowly so we could walk together later. He is 6'5" and has a much greater stride than I have.

Jeff just took hattie back to the vet because she has been sneezing and has draining eyes and is more lethargic then she has been since her surgery. Maybe a respiratory infection....we shall see.
Am doing some laundry today, uniforms for work.
It is odd just being the 2 of us for a holiday.
bizi

bizi 04-21-2019 03:52 PM

I made it thru lent!!!!!
I ended up drinking today.
It tasted wonderful, I love a good IPA beer! https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/ass...ticons/e91.gif
today is my cheat day.
I will go back to AF tomorrow.
No regrets baby!!!!
bizi

Mari 04-21-2019 06:07 PM

Happy Easter, Bizi.

OhKay 04-22-2019 07:11 AM

Oh, poor Hattie! It does sound like she has an upper respiratory infection. Our vet gave poor Dottie a shot of antibiotics vs. us giving her pills, and she was better within a couple of days. I hope your vet can do the same for Hattie, and she gets better soon :hug::hug::hug:

I bet your Easter dinner was fantastic! Very healthy, too! :)

I'm sorry that your weight is fluctuating so much. Mine does that, too. I want to give up on my scale. I blame the scale lol.

I'm gad that you enjoyed your beer yesterday, and are going to go back to being AF again :)

Dmom3005 04-22-2019 09:53 AM

Bizi

Your dinner sounds great. I'm glad things were well.

Hattie get better now. I have an barking dog. He is rebelling I think.
Not enough attention. Heehee.

Oh well life.

We had Wendy's Dan, Derrick and I when I took Doby and Derrick
home yesterday. That was were Dan wanted to go.
Harmony and Kortni came for Easter, and Harmony loved her easter
baskets. And bunny, was so much fun watching her with her things.

bizi 04-22-2019 12:28 PM

Donna, glad that you had a nice easter!
kay, Hattie is zonked from the anti histamine jeff gave her this morning. I think it is too strong for her, half an adult dose for a 14 pound cat.

woke up this morning and feel remorse now that I drank on easter.

jeff cooked this wonderful meal and I barely remember eating it.

sigh
I am a binge drinker....I drank 5 IPAs.
I am just being honest here, please no judgement.

thank you
bizi

Dmom3005 04-22-2019 03:24 PM

Bizi

Never any judgement here. Its a judgement free zone.

I think you will get through this myself.