NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Jeopardy (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/253502-jeopardy.html)

Kitty 04-22-2019 06:58 PM

Jeopardy

Has anyone been watching Jeopardy this past week?

There is a player that has won over $770,000 so far. They are fixing to have the final question so we'll see what his total is after today.

TOTAL WINNINGS TO DATE: $942,738

This man is a professional sports gambler.

ewizabeth 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

I heard about him but we haven't been watching. That show makes me feel stupid when I realize how much I really don't know about some of the categories. :D Our oldest son would probably be really good though, because he seems to know quite a bit about most trivia categories.

Wheel of Fortune is more our speed. Hubby calls me a genius when we play that and he thinks I should try out for it. :D But playing on the couch is very different than playing in front of TV camera. ;)

Grammie 2 3 04-24-2019 11:04 AM

I have been watching him from day 1 :) He is amazing, now over a million. I think he is surpassing Ken Jennings and Brad something :winky:
Thanks for posting !
Linda

Starznight 04-28-2019 11:26 AM

DH and I were watching as well, he also thinks I should be on the wheel lol, and occasionally thinks I should be on jeopardy too, but would need literary classics to be the main theme of the show lol, along with history, and perhaps foreign languages. But I’m terrible at the science, pop culture, and sports type questions.:o Now if family feud could be a two player game, we’d rock it :D

agate 06-06-2019 10:23 AM

After noticing that this amazing young man was winning so spectacularly at Jeopardy, I decided to try watching it again.

I watched it years ago but in the last 10 years or so haven't watched much TV at all. It's just too complicated what with so many channels.

The commercials were a nuisance back then but they seem far worse now. Or maybe I just have less tolerance for them.

I finally found Jeopardy and watched it the last couple of days. I apparently just missed James Holzhauer but have been enjoying watching the current contestants.

Starznight 06-06-2019 05:05 PM

Commercials have definitely gotten worse over the past 10 years. Used to be 3 - 30 second commercials so a minute thirty taken out of a 30 minute show 3 times. Giving a total of 25.5 minutes viewing of the show. Now if you watch the shows on demand without commercials the average episode length is on 19.5-20 minutes. :(:( Go back 20 years and there were only 2 commercial breaks and really half of one break ran over to the next show so for 30 minute show you got to watch 27.5-28 minutes of actual show and they had shorter title intros.

agate 06-06-2019 08:06 PM

So this change is real. I thought it might be that I had forgotten how bad they were.

In a show like "Jeopardy," or in any show worth watching, it's a shame because you just barely get into it and then it's interrupted by a commercial blaring at you.

I've heard that the people who make commercials don't turn the volume up but, so help me, commercials always SEEM louder to me.

Grammie 2 3 06-07-2019 11:03 AM

We record - DVR - programs we want to watch, play them after 15 min into the show and then skip thru commercials. I do understand the commercials pay for the programs BUT, I rather go commercial free :)

James won 2,500,00 !! I miss watching him-he was exciting and amazing !

agate 06-07-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammie 2 3 (Post 1276170)
We record - DVR - programs we want to watch, play them after 15 min into the show and then skip thru commercials. I do understand the commercials pay for the programs BUT, I rather go commercial free :)

James won 2,500,00 !! I miss watching him-he was exciting and amazing !

I used to record programs using DVR but am much too lazy these days. Instead I sit there with my remote in hand and mute out the commercial "moments," then keep an eye on the screen so I can turn the sound back on when they're over.:)