NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Could my blurry vision be related? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/253748-blurry-vision-related.html)

Anderson9756 06-07-2019 08:19 AM

Could my blurry vision be related?

A little backstory, I was diagnosed with a concussion about two years ago, from being hit in the head with a surfboard. I never lost consciousness, but the next day felt very confused, dizzy, etc. i was out of town and I was not seen by a doctor, until I had a full migraine and then diagnosed (about 5 days after the initial hit). After the initial attack I had the same symptoms two months later and every six months or so after that I feel concussion like symptoms for a few weeks. The symptoms include confusion, dizziness, tiredness (like to the point I can’t keep my eyes open), etc. it’ll last for a few weeks and then go away. (I’ve gone to multiple doctors for this issue, and they’re at a loss as to why it happens)

So, about two weeks ago I started to get what I’d describe as a haze over my eyes. Everything will be normal and then all of a sudden I won’t be able to focus my eyes. Sometimes it’ll happen when I’m engaged in a conversation, other times I’ll just be sitting there. I’m able to make out words, objects, etc. it just feels like there’s a cloud over it. Which then leads to me straining my eyes to see, which always causes a tension headache. Also, if I close my eyes while it’s happening I feel like there’s a pain/headache behind my eyes. This will last for about 2 hours a day, and then go away...

I’ve also had migraines before.

Any advice, or anyone who’s experienced this before and could share would be greatly appreciated

kiwi33 06-07-2019 02:54 PM

Hi Anderson9756

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

I am sorry to read about your concussion.

It is something that I have no direct experience of but I am confident that you will get support and good ideas from other members.

Best wishes.

Gideon 06-14-2019 08:35 AM

Look, I had very similar experience with PCS.
Now a year and a half post my accident im 99 percent recovered.
The pain behind my eyes has turned to be strained muscles,
What helped me the most is working and being active and keeping my mind off the symptoms.
As for eyes, I did exercise and trained my eyes to see better at different angles. I had to physically restore my eyes functions. As for dizziness it faded away with time as I didnt pay much attention to that.
Hope you will feel better soon

Jomar 06-14-2019 10:48 AM

Worth looking into.. after any hit to head..
Up C Spine - A New Approach - Sign / Symptom Checklist

chasann 06-18-2019 04:31 PM

A great deal of help can be had if you go to a behavioural optometrist. The book The Ghost Within or something like that devotes a whole chapter to how the author was helped.
The prescription glasses I now wear after a lengthy examination from BO returned my world to me. Going to my usual optician, nothing was wrong.
Best of.