NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   PCS introduction and questions (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/253812-pcs-introduction-questions.html)

annonamouse 06-15-2019 06:11 PM

PCS introduction and questions

Hi i'm 28 and was diagnosed with post concussion syndrome three months ago when I went to brain plasticity centers in orlando.
My medical history with this starts twenty years ago when I was eight, I was accidentally struck in the head above my left eye with a bat (still have the scar there) and that was the one that started all of this before that I was completely functional (so I have a point of reference). I spent the next twenty years on a steep decline accumulating an additional four or five concussions one in middle school that increased my decline and an additional three in the last few years (Iv'e been in two car wrecks and hit my head fairly hard at work).

I only started the ostensibly correct treatment after doing research with a friend, before this point it was diagnosed as severe depression and just given SSRI drugs and not looked into (in twenty years I have taken every SSRI on the market to minimum if any effect but with tons of side effects). The specific diagnosis I was given was that my vestibular system and my cerebellum are actively hindering each other and not working as a team, and also my basil ganglia isn't stopping my eyes from involuntary movement so they vibrate and my vision is terrible as a result, simple line patterns are functionally invisible to me because of this. So I did the week of treatment at plasticity brain centers and am still doing at home rehab three times a day and I'm showing minimum if any improvement.

My symptoms would be a severe sense of cognitive dissonance it always feels like someone else is moving my body and acting on my behalf, and the severe cloud that surrounds that. And as a result of that I don't have normal emotions or any real ability to function I can just somewhat emulate normalcy. This has ruined my life there is just no other way too say this, I am the smartest person I know and I seem to be incapable of doing anything because I don't have the ability to want anything it's missing. I struggle to work part time I have gone to college off and on to no success and just more or less wait to die at this point while my peers are all achieving things.

So my questions would be am I too far gone or will this improve, is there anything else I can do? I would value any input or feedback and I do apologize for the wall of text.

annonamouse 06-23-2019 02:57 PM

I would really appreciate any advice.

Jomar 06-23-2019 11:34 PM

Possible upper cervical adjusting..
Up C Spine
Up C Spine - A New Approach - Sign / Symptom Checklist

Mark in Idaho 06-24-2019 04:13 AM

What are the Carrick Chiropractors at Plasticity Centers suggesting?

Have you ever had your folate and B-12 and even hormones assessed?

The Vitamins sticky has a regimen that many use to help their brains.

annonamouse 07-17-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1276848)
What are the Carrick Chiropractors at Plasticity Centers suggesting?

Have you ever had your folate and B-12 and even hormones assessed?

The Vitamins sticky has a regimen that many use to help their brains.

the suggestions were to continue at home rehab, i'm starting vitamins I have been taking some but I'm easing into more. and no I have never heard of folate b-12 or thought about having those assessed, who would do that and what would it do?

annonamouse 07-17-2019 01:48 PM

I see an upper cervical doctor almost weekly and I do occasionally need adjustments but it is consistently in place now

Mark in Idaho 07-18-2019 03:36 AM

What does the Carrick Center suggest?

What is 'home rehab'?

annonamouse 07-18-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1277878)
What does the Carrick Center suggest?

What is 'home rehab'?

i'm unsure what you mean by carrick, and the excercises I was doing at brain plasticity centers I was instructed to continue doing at home three times daily to continue neuro plasticity

annonamouse 07-18-2019 06:35 PM

I'm currently buying the rest of the vitamins that you recommend did cdp choline work for you?

Mark in Idaho 07-19-2019 12:30 AM

Plasticity Centers is a Carrick Institute based chiropractic clinic.

What exercises does the Plasticity Center have you doing?

What are those exercises supposed to help with?

Plasticity Centers is a start-up trying to make money off the current fad of selling neuroplasticity as the next great medical miracle. They are using the Carrick Chiropractic Neurology protocols.