NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Well I'm Back....Not 100% But I'm Here (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/253862-im-100-im.html)

Kitty 06-22-2019 09:24 AM

Well I'm Back....Not 100% But I'm Here

Back in May (5/8) I went to the hospital for a SEVERE MS exacerbation. They also uncovered a pretty bad UTI. They decided to admit me and it ended up being for 10 days.

They kept me in bed for 10 days even though I begged to get out of bed just to stand. I kept telling them I wouldn't be able to walk if they kept me in bed that long without letting me a at least stand up.

Just as I suspected when they discharged me I could not walk. I had to go to a rehab for PT (5/17) . They (PT) discharged me (6/17), too, and I still could not walk!

The AL took me back but is now telling me that I need an additional care and it's going to cost me $2,068 more per month!!

I don't know what's going to happen but I don't have that much extra money each month. They are talking like I'll have to leave if I cannot pay the extra money.

This has me so upset that I can't eat or sleep. What on earth am I going to do? Where will I go? Seems like they should not have accepted me back and told the P T rehab that I wasn't
ready.

kiwi33 06-22-2019 03:23 PM

Kitty, this is way outside my experience but I am thinking about you.

:hug:

Jomar 06-23-2019 11:29 PM

I wonder why they wouldn't let you walk, most hospitals around here want patients moving asap..
Were they short on staff to assist and thought it a risk/liability?

kicker 07-06-2019 03:25 PM

Kitty.

Sometimes I have to tell my self the answer is there is no answer. Life can really suck.

agate 07-12-2019 10:48 AM

What a nightmare. Do they expect you to be out on the streets with a tin cup in your hand begging for handouts so you can afford to return?

Does this place have anything like a human services coordinator or social services person--someone you can explain your situation to and ask what your options are? I hope so.

ewizabeth 07-21-2019 11:31 PM

I’m so sorry this is happening. Sending love and hugs.

Twinkletoes 08-07-2019 03:19 PM

I'm so very sorry, Kitty! Please check back in and bring us up to speed asap. Sending gentle hugs and prayers. Love, Twink

Snoopy 10-25-2019 07:30 PM

Kitty, I haven't seen anymore posts from you since the two on June 22 and I am wondering how you are doing. Take care :hug:

Kitty 11-09-2019 07:38 PM

Hello again. So sorry I haven't posted in such a long time. I'm better but still have a long way to go. My kids have been a blessing to me and have gotten me in a nice assisted living community.
I'm going to rehab next week after I have a suprapubic catheter placed. Hoping it helps cut down on the UTIs so I can get well. I will write more later
Typing on this phone Is hard for me. I have missed everyone and hope you are all doing well.

kiwi33 11-10-2019 01:44 AM

It is good to hear from you Kitty.

I hope that things will work out well for you.

:hug: