NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Tarlov Cyst (https://www.neurotalk.org/tarlov-cyst/)
-   -   Can't tell if pain due to hip or Tarlov Cysts (https://www.neurotalk.org/tarlov-cyst/254188-cant-tell-pain-due-hip-tarlov-cysts.html)

wildblueberries 08-31-2019 10:48 PM

Can't tell if pain due to hip or Tarlov Cysts

I have been diagnosed by MRI with "a few" Tarlov Cysts in S2 &3, the largest & only one the radiologist bothered to measure is 2.4cm X 1.9cm.

But the cysts are on the right and my symptoms are on the left and I have osteoarthritis in my left hip.

I frequently have sharp pain in my sacrum - midline - at the location of S2&3. It is worse lying down and sitting. When I sit, I cannot get comfortable, constantly changing position. I have difficulty walking because it becomes painful.

I also get pain in my groin and sometimes sciatica and I deal with mild incontinence. Both legs constantly have pins & needles from my feet to mid-thigh.

But my hip also hurts and perhaps the pain I feel elsewhere is just referred. Hip pain can also be felt in the groin and cause sciatica.

And the biggest thing is...my symptoms are on the left and the cysts are on the right.

I guess all of this is TMI - I'm just tired and frustrated. It has been 5 years since I first tried to get help and I still don't know what is going on.

This is my first post. I should have just said hello. But I am so discouraged.

yipke 09-25-2019 03:39 PM

Have you been to physical therapy?
I was diagnosed with TCs in the sacrum but doctors just don't know anything about them. There are only two surgeons in the US that do surgery on them and its not guaranteed.
Word needs to be put out about Tarlov cysts so more can be researched about them. Its ridiculous that only two doctors treat them.
PT helped with my L4-5 herniated lumbar disc sciatica pain as a matter of fact it got rid of the sciatica. Stretching was the key.

The TCs are another deal..
BUT Ive used TENS in the past that helped with the pain. My pain comes and goes. Im more worried about the bowel and pelvic issues that come with a growing cyst.
I am trying PEMF particularly the OSKA pulse. No this is not a paid advertisement. I saw it on a local news show and immediately ordered it in a desperate attempt to quell my pain. It works. It works for my herniated disc pain and the TC pain. Its not a cure-all but helps with pain.

God bless.

Cwolf26 03-01-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildblueberries (Post 1279379)
I have been diagnosed by MRI with "a few" Tarlov Cysts in S2 &3, the largest & only one the radiologist bothered to measure is 2.4cm X 1.9cm.

But the cysts are on the right and my symptoms are on the left and I have osteoarthritis in my left hip.

I frequently have sharp pain in my sacrum - midline - at the location of S2&3. It is worse lying down and sitting. When I sit, I cannot get comfortable, constantly changing position. I have difficulty walking because it becomes painful.

I also get pain in my groin and sometimes sciatica and I deal with mild incontinence. Both legs constantly have pins & needles from my feet to mid-thigh.

But my hip also hurts and perhaps the pain I feel elsewhere is just referred. Hip pain can also be felt in the groin and cause sciatica.

And the biggest thing is...my symptoms are on the left and the cysts are on the right.

I guess all of this is TMI - I'm just tired and frustrated. It has been 5 years since I first tried to get help and I still don't know what is going on.

This is my first post. I should have just said hello. But I am so discouraged.

I really wonder how you are doing. If you visit the site please give us an update.
I am kindly asking because I have a silmilar symptoms like you and could not solve up to date what is the real cause. waht is happeining to me?
The symptoms started after a fall from a hammock to hip through coccyx.
I t has been 3 years since my symptoms first started. I have a small 8.5 mm tarlov cyst at L5/S1 . the cyst did not cahnge in size to this date. However I feel pain most in my left hip and thigh. Although I have bileteral sciatica and neuropathy symptoms from my hip through feet.
I ve been to neurosurgeons even who operated on tarlov cysts and accepted it is no bulshit ( tarlov cysts are real). They all told me it is not related to my small cyst on the right.
Only other finding is a mild scoliosis and unimportant herniated disks.

agate 03-02-2022 11:17 AM

Welcome, Cwolf26!

:welcome_sign:

Cwolf26 03-05-2022 04:31 AM

Thanks. However thread is not active. **