NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Going through testing--are these typical? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/254203-testing-typical.html)

jennyatl 09-08-2019 06:29 PM

Going through testing--are these typical?

Hi everyone,

I'm going through testing for MS right now, but the two neurologists I've seen have said I don't present as a typical MS patient. From what I've read there's no such thing as "typical" with MS. What do you think? I'm 44 years old, female, Hashimoto's, and otherwise very healthy. My recent symptoms began 5 months ago I had pressure headache, ringing ears, dizziness, sudden depression, and some problems thinking for about 2 weeks. Now I have tingling/vibrating feeling in lower legs that is pretty much constant, muscle twitching/fasciculations mainly in legs, a tight cramping feeling in both calves like I can't get them to relax all the way, and bilateral leg weakness. I have muscle jerks in my sleep. One neurologist said I have hyper-reflexes in my knees, the other one thinks they are normal for me. I remember about a year ago I had tingling/vibration sensation in my arm that lasted about a week, and a previous episode of vibrating leg that went away after a month. I have had vitamin labs run and other bloodwork that's all come back normal. Brain MRI showed 2 small lesions in white matter. Spinal MRI showed nothing. I am convinced it is MS because I just don't fit any other symptom descriptions. Someone else said MS doesn't present bilaterally, but I've read stories from other people that said otherwise. So, I don't know what to think. Anyone have any thoughts? I have never had anxiety, but of course I do now.

kiwi33 09-08-2019 07:28 PM

Hi Jenny

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

I have no personal experience of MS but hope that members who do will be able to offer you helpful ideas.

All the best.

Snoopy 09-09-2019 03:03 PM

Hi jennyatl.

Quote:

bilateral leg weakness
Quote:

Someone else said MS doesn't present bilaterally, but I've read stories from other people that said otherwise. So, I don't know what to think.
MS can present bilaterally, although not common. When MS is bilateral it is due to spinal cord lesions. Spinal cord lesions cause problems from that point down.

Did you have a MRI of the entire spine? Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar?

Quote:

I am convinced it is MS because I just don't fit any other symptom descriptions.
There is no symptom(s) exclusive to MS. Many conditions can cause similar symptoms. It is impossible to diagnose any condition by researching your symptoms. It is best to work with your Drs. for the correct diagnosis.

Best wishes.

caroline2 09-11-2019 11:10 PM

Jenny, did you read my post below on HGH and MS. I'd so love to see a person who is dealing with MS using the homeopathic gel I've been using for into 8 months now. I don't deal with MS but went thru this terrible disease with my sister who is now gone.

I'm 81 and having so much reverse in this older damaged body thanks to the "gel". Giving it a decent trial of 3-6 months would be very telling.