NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   IV Lidocaine Infusions for SFN - anyone? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/254205-iv-lidocaine-infusions-sfn.html)

rwinney 09-08-2019 10:06 PM

IV Lidocaine Infusions for SFN - anyone?

Has anyone heard of or are receiving intraveneous lidocaine infusions for small fiber neuropathy? I have been for 3 months at 900mg weekly and I would love to communicate with someone regarding their experience. Thank you

swampy120 09-12-2019 05:44 PM

Hi, I tried it and it did not help me. Getting IVIG infusions now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mhw69 09-14-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampy120 (Post 1279660)

How did you get IVIG infusions for SFN? Do you have a clear autoimmune condition that was linked to your neuropathy?

rwinney 09-17-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampy120 (Post 1279660)

Seems that would be my next step if I don't stick it out with lidocaine. Just started my 2nd to last max dose increase. Its been 3 months overall and I'm not convinced 3 days a week at best is sufficient pain relief when I still need pain pills. Time will tell. How is IVIG working and how long have you been doing it?

rwinney 09-17-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhw69 (Post 1279683)
How did you get IVIG infusions for SFN? Do you have a clear autoimmune condition that was linked to your neuropathy?

That's what I thought was needed and my Neurologist told me otherwise. I can receive IVIG without having an autoimmune disease. Hmmm...

malawigirl08 10-17-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwinney (Post 1279548)
Has anyone heard of or are receiving intraveneous lidocaine infusions for small fiber neuropathy? I have been for 3 months at 900mg weekly and I would love to communicate with someone regarding their experience. Thank you

I have been lucky enough to receive lidocaine infusions for the past 10 years. They have changed my life.

pinkynose 10-27-2019 02:23 PM

Wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwinney (Post 1279757)
Seems that would be my next step if I don't stick it out with lidocaine. Just started my 2nd to last max dose increase. Its been 3 months overall and I'm not convinced 3 days a week at best is sufficient pain relief when I still need pain pills. Time will tell. How is IVIG working and how long have you been doing it?

Hi and thank you for posting this and I'm sorry to make my response about me. Reading this gave me hope that I have not had in a long time.

I had a diagnosis epidermal steroid injection to see if L4-5 was the cause of my small fiber neuropathy symptoms. The doctor injected a small amount of Lidocaine before the steroid injection. For at least 3 hours afterwards the Lidocaine made me feel completely like my old self before the SFN. The steroid never did much of anything for me so I did not repeat the procedure.

Are you saying the infusion only last 3 days or that you get 3 infusions a week? Do they completely take away your symptoms during those 3 days? Are the infusions injected in a vein as other infusions are?

My main SFN symptom is chronic burning and I would give just about anything to have a couple of days a week that I felt normal again.

Once again I apologize for hijacking your post.
carol

pinkynose 10-27-2019 02:29 PM

That's wonderful news!

Quote:

Originally Posted by malawigirl08 (Post 1280506)
I have been lucky enough to receive lidocaine infusions for the past 10 years. They have changed my life.

Hi Malawgirl08.
I already responded to twinney with my interest in this subject. I am so happy for you that lidocaine has been such a help. I never knew lidocaine infusions were a possibility. Would you mind if I PM you to ask questions?
carol