NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   I Learned My Lesson!!!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/25428-learned-lesson.html)

WickedGood 08-07-2007 12:42 PM

I Learned My Lesson!!!!!

The other day I received a private message from a fellow member telling me that the Old BrainTalk Community was back up and running. Thank you for letting me know. However, I will never step foot in there again for one reason and one reason only and here it is.

A couple of years ago the owner of BrainTalk (most of you or at least some of you know who that is) was soliciting for donations because the site needed equipment upgrades. At that time I was in a much different financial state and I believed very strongly in what that forum represented to me. So I donated what I felt was a rather substantial amount of money to help. The money was received and according to my bank records was cashed very quickly. However the site continued to have significant problems, i.e. shutting down for long periods of time with no heads up to us members as to what was happening.

Aside from that, I didn't even so much as get a acknowledgement that the monies were received, and spent. They could have emailed me, wrote me or even called me. A simple THANK YOU would have been sufficient. Especially since the site owner made such a big deal about recognizing and thanking folks for financial help. I will never make that mistake again. It is not that I need to be patted on the back for a job well done nor did I need to be thrown into some sort of spotlight so that everyone could cheer me on. NOPE!!!! It was simply the principal of the matter.

To add insult to injury, a month or so after that I received a email asking for more, for which I simply ignored rather than to reply back with some regrettable remarks made solely out of anger. So if anyone should ask why I never go there, this is my reason in a nutshell. I like it here and I intend to stay!!!

Chin Up Everyone!!! Love Mark xoxo :grouphug:

carose 08-07-2007 01:57 PM

Their Loss

Our Gain!!!:D Sorry that you had such a bad experience.:(

Curious 08-07-2007 02:16 PM

teeny fyi......it's just the domain name braintalk that was bought. the forum is all the same people. same owner, same admins, same mods.

just to make sure everyone understands my post. braintalk is still the same with all same owners, admin and mods. they just sold the domain name. you can't get to the braintalk forum by using the old links to the braintalk domain.

neurotalk is no way shape or form part of that forum or group.

JOAN_M 08-07-2007 08:51 PM

sad story mark. and their loss. i had a few bad experiences with other rsd support groups also, but never gave money. that was extremely nice of you and shame on them for how they handled that. i would like to thank you for your caring spirit even though i was never there.
joan