NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Neuropathy in feet/legs - Do you know this symptoms? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/254317-neuropathy-feet-legs-symptoms.html)

neuro74 10-02-2019 01:35 PM

Neuropathy in feet/legs - Do you know this symptoms?

Hello,
I have had slight neuropathy in both feets for some weeks, i.e. mainly prickling and tickling in the toes and the foot soles when stepping on it / walking, but no big deal. Since yesterday now I have new symptoms but only in the right leg. my feet muscles contract in a way that they lift my middle toes: If i concentrate on it I can suppress this reflex but if not my toes are pulled up again. Has anybody experienced this also or heard about it? Is it possible that neuropathy is progressing and if so, shouldn't it be in foth feet/legs? And is it normal that symptoms improve over night and get worse during day? Thank you very much for your input!!!

numbfoot 10-04-2019 02:33 AM

I suggest you see a neurologist.

mhw69 10-04-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neuro74 (Post 1280103)
Hello,
I have had slight neuropathy in both feets for some weeks, i.e. mainly prickling and tickling in the toes and the foot soles when stepping on it / walking, but no big deal. Since yesterday now I have new symptoms but only in the right leg. my feet muscles contract in a way that they lift my middle toes: If i concentrate on it I can suppress this reflex but if not my toes are pulled up again. Has anybody experienced this also or heard about it? Is it possible that neuropathy is progressing and if so, shouldn't it be in foth feet/legs? And is it normal that symptoms improve over night and get worse during day? Thank you very much for your input!!!

I would echo the fact that you need to see a neurologist post haste. It could be the progression of a systemic neuropathy. It could be an issue with nerve entrapment. It could be a lot of things and a neurologist should be able to narrow that down. Good Luck.

caroline2 10-04-2019 01:06 PM

Even doctors don't come up with concrete answers on this neuropathy stuff. I never had the issue until hip replacement surgery and knee issues and staph infection which led me to 2.5 months of IV antiobiotics...I believe abx drugs can do a job on the nerve damage issue. Surgeries too. Then there is the diabetes. OP, think about drugs you have taken.

bytheseagal 10-11-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1280175)
Even doctors don't come up with concrete answers on this neuropathy stuff. I never had the issue until hip replacement surgery and knee issues and staph infection which led me to 2.5 months of IV antiobiotics...I believe abx drugs can do a job on the nerve damage issue. Surgeries too. Then there is the diabetes. OP, think about drugs you have taken.

Hello caroline 2 I got neuropathy about 5 years ago when I had diabetes, it started slow and got worse. I did some reading and found out that diabetics were supposed to be told that they need to take B12 when they are taking Metformin because it depleats your B12. Have you heard this?

neuro74 11-01-2019 01:29 PM

I have seen a neurologist yesterday and he diagnosed a light form of neuropathy. Nevertheless, the appointment was very short (the alternative was to wait for another month or so) and I was not able to ask all questions / forgot some.

Have anyone heard of the following symptoms associated with neuropathy? When I apply some pressure on some parts of my foot sole, I have pain around my popliteal fossa. Could it be that pressing on a damaged nerve at one part of the body causes pain somewhere else? is this typical of neuropathy or can it be something else? Has anybody else similiar symptoms or heard about somebody in the forum with similiar symptoms?