NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Layoffs, Unemployment and Worker's Compensation (https://www.neurotalk.org/layoffs-unemployment-and-worker-s-compensation/)
-   -   Open WC Case with medicare (https://www.neurotalk.org/layoffs-unemployment-and-worker-s-compensation/254584-wc-medicare.html)

Brachial6 11-20-2019 10:22 PM

Open WC Case with medicare

I haven't been on here for a very long time. I'm getting medical help with my low back pain which has nothing to do with my work injury. I'm in California and what a pain it is for me to get Medicare pay for my physician and physical therapy bills. I wish the 2 big companies I have lifetime medical with for my work injury would settle, but one company refuses so the other company will not. This is even with having my work comp attorney for many years. He said it is the system. I believe there is no justice for a chronic pain patient as a result of a work injury. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

davOD 11-25-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brachial6 (Post 1281508)
I haven't been on here for a very long time. I'm getting medical help with my low back pain which has nothing to do with my work injury. I'm in California and what a pain it is for me to get Medicare pay for my physician and physical therapy bills. I wish the 2 big companies I have lifetime medical with for my work injury would settle, but one company refuses so the other company will not. This is even with having my work comp attorney for many years. He said it is the system. I believe there is no justice for a chronic pain patient as a result of a work injury. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

That is a can of worms!....Do you know if they have filed for your MSA yet?...Its good to know the codes that they are filing under...Im always getting Medicare claiming this is WC when it isnt....

Brachial6 12-02-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1281621)
That is a can of worms!....Do you know if they have filed for your MSA yet?...Its good to know the codes that they are filing under...Im always getting Medicare claiming this is WC when it isnt....

What is MSA? This has gone on for far too many years!

davOD 12-02-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brachial6 (Post 1281817)
What is MSA? This has gone on for far too many years!

Before all the dust settles, and you are MMI (max medical improvement) ...The next thing is to settle with Medicare....MSA= Medicare Set Aside.....See Medicare will NOT pay for anything workmans comp till you deplete the approved medicare set aside..

If Medicare says you must put $100K aside, you use those monies for the work comp medical bills.....Not till that $100K is all used up will medicare treat you for your WC injury....

My case was settled just before 9 years.