NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Roll call! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/254632-roll-call.html)

CRPSbe 12-01-2019 06:15 AM

Roll call!

How is everyone doing?

For me, one day at a time is best for me. I have had this condition this September 24 years. Been on a pain management program since 2004.

It's been a long long time and that program is still doing well for me.

So...

How are you guys?

I thought it was a good question to ask, especially so close to and around the Holidays.

annabanana123 12-02-2019 10:08 AM

I'm here! I'm doing ok - much like you, one day at a time. I have only had this for about 1 1/2 years now so it's still very much a learning experience in terms of what does and doesn't set it off. I am lucky to have a great pain management team.

birchlake 12-02-2019 06:48 PM

Stable for me! I've had CRPS since September 11, 2009 so just over a decade now.

I have a daily 3 hour therapy regimen that I do every day without fail. I credit this regimen to my stability. This regimen includes 15 minutes of mindfulness meditation which has been quite helpful...not in reducing the pain, but in helping how I process and handle pain.

While CRPS has been by far the most difficult health issue of my 61 years, when you can call CRPS "stable", I think most of us would consider that a big win!

RSD31 12-04-2019 09:17 PM

Bad

Stable in bad condition because I can't take antiflamatory drugs anymore because of kidneys so my pain is up and just had my 40th birthday of this condition and I'm still here fighting an not giving up schedule to have my 164th Nerv block on the 19th .

Imahotep 12-07-2019 10:46 PM

I'm hangin' in there.

I can do almost anything given enough time.

It can be hard to keep a good attitude but I can even do that with enough time.

It's been 21 years now. The RSD seems to be retreating from parts it had won but that's no real relief.

CRPSbe 12-16-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birchlake (Post 1281836)
Stable for me! I've had CRPS since September 11, 2009 so just over a decade now.

I have a daily 3 hour therapy regimen that I do every day without fail. I credit this regimen to my stability. This regimen includes 15 minutes of mindfulness meditation which has been quite helpful...not in reducing the pain, but in helping how I process and handle pain.

While CRPS has been by far the most difficult health issue of my 61 years, when you can call CRPS "stable", I think most of us would consider that a big win!

Most definitely!

CRPSbe 12-16-2019 06:49 AM

I'm glad you guys are here! I'm sure there's more of us out there. If you have a chance to let us know you are still here, please do so!

Hotfoot53 01-02-2020 10:49 AM

I’m in and out here- lurking and working

I’m going into my 4th yr w CRPS. Got lots of good pain treatment and education early on and a SCS which has been a life saver. Still not living the life I want but working towards it. Still on SSDI, but really want to work. Definitely gets lonely at home. I pop in to read how everyone is doing but usually don’t have anything to offer.
But we keep going forward. Thank you for being here. :)

annabanana123 01-03-2020 08:51 AM

Is it just me or does this board seem extra slow lately? I come here every few days to see if there's anything new but there isn't a ton. Hope y'all are doing well with low pain days!

CRPSbe 01-03-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabanana123 (Post 1282558)
Is it just me or does this board seem extra slow lately? I come here every few days to see if there's anything new but there isn't a ton. Hope y'all are doing well with low pain days!

Sad isn't it. Maybe people are on other RSD boards? Because this can't be it, surely.