NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Myoclonus, Etc. (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/255028-myoclonus-etc.html)

Nevsky 02-11-2020 07:34 PM

Myoclonus, Etc.

Greetings all!
  • New to NeuroTalk but longtime member of PsychCentral
  • Looking for epilepsy, they instead found "rhythmic segmental myoclonus" in early 2000s
  • Years of Depakote terminated when liver stress would not abate; now only on Klonopin
  • Now returning to neurologist for recent "gait and balance issues"
  • Etc.

kiwi33 02-11-2020 09:11 PM

Hi Nevsky

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

I hope that your neurologist will be able to help you with this.

Best wishes.

pink kitty 02-11-2020 10:15 PM

Hi Nevsky, welcome to Neurotalk. :)

Nevsky 02-15-2020 10:00 PM

Thank you, Kiwi33 and Pink Kitty, for your greetings!

Before I forget again, I am also interested in neurological deficits or effects of undiscovered autoimmune (parietal cells -> Intrinsic Factor -> cobalamin/B12 deficiency) Pernicious Anemia.

caroline2 02-16-2020 02:13 PM

I welcome you as well and want to say that my daughter 56 suffered with anemia for probably 15+ yrs and went thru iron I'V's, blood transfusions and you name it everything they could come up with for her issue. Too many colonoscopies, which she will NEVER do again, and since using the HGH homeopathic gel I talk about so much here, her anemia is totally reversed. Docs were stunned with bloodwork a couple months ago. Her life has been changed and it costs her $4-5/daily for this incredible gel.

I use it too and I'm about 3 months behind her in using it as she didn't tell me about it until she really had results...so I'm using it a little over a year now... I'm 81.

Now a good longtime friend of her's who as lived with epilpsy probably since her late 20's or so and this friend went thru brain surgery for her ep, well the friend is also using the gel now probably closing in on a year and she is doing so well.

I can send you more info if you'd like. But if this interests you at all, look for my postings on this HGH gel. C

kiwi33 02-16-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevsky (Post 1283603)
Before I forget again, I am also interested in neurological deficits or effects of undiscovered autoimmune (parietal cells -> Intrinsic Factor -> cobalamin/B12 deficiency) Pernicious Anemia.

Pernicious anaemia is an autoimmune disease arising from antibodies which recognise parietal cells and/or Intrinsic Factor. It leads to impaired absorption of cobalamin/Vitamin B12 which can lead to neuropathic pain and other neurological signs.

Treatment often involves replenishment of cobalamin either orally or by injection