NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   What works BEST for Neuropathy I deal with (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/255057-neuropathy-deal.html)

caroline2 02-13-2020 01:54 PM

What works BEST for Neuropathy I deal with

More and more new people post with this terrible Neuropathy damage and I've posted a lot in this group and to people directly but will put here what works BEST in my situation.

Grape Seed Extract (taking it decades) cleans blood and works on our circulation
Inosine -- does a good job too.
Spingolin - does a good job too and those with MS know about it.

Topricin for Pain, topical with 11 homeopathic solutions and I can't imagine my life without it.

I take none of the pharma drugs, my neuopathy issue all came on in 2010 from hip replacement damage/complications.

InPain1234 02-17-2020 04:08 AM

May I ask what brand of Grape Seed Extract you use?

Thanks!

caroline2 02-17-2020 01:21 PM

There are many quality brands and probably a lot of not quality. Choose top companies like Jarrow, Source Naturals, Swansons brand is good, I used it for years...I mostly now go to Olympian Labs as it's a good price and high quality. Make sure to take enough for body weight, good starting point is 100mg for a little and while and move to 200mg...I can explain more if you'd like. Work with dosing for your body and needs. If you have a truly chronic issue, start higher that's called a loading dose.

Know that if one is taking Pharma blood thinner then can't take both...

InPain1234 02-18-2020 05:13 AM

caroline2,

Thank you for your detailed response.

While I have bilateral leg/ankle/foot nerve pain that hasn't been diagnosed in 3 long years, I thought I'd try this just to see if it could take the edge off the pain as I'm desperate.

I guess I hit the jackpot because I ordered Olympian Labs from Amazon last night and it should be here tomorrow.

My body weight is approximately 125 lbs and I got the 100mg tablets.

If you don't mind responding again, should I start off with 100mgs once a day for a week and then bump up to 200mgs the following week?

Since I have a chronic issue with nerve pain and have been mostly bedridden, what "loading dose" should I start on in your opinion?

Thank you!

caroline2 02-18-2020 01:13 PM

Since you are a "lightweight" start with 100mg daily and MAYBE eventually do 100mg twice a day every other day. Learn to work with it for your body, if you are prone to loose bowels, go slowly. I'm not so I have no issues.

On your foot nerve pain issues, I've never been to a doc on this, I know what I am dealing with..Heard enough here from others for sure. The burn/tingle etc etc..and I don't want pharma drugs, this is plain and simple in my life. I had some nasty burning this morning in my feet before I was getting out of bed and I just rubbed my feet and then shortly rubbed my Topricin for Pain and it's like such RELIEF. I buy my Topricin for Pain or For Foot Pain on Amazon or Ebay as they have best prices and I buy 8 oz bottle.

I just don't see it all going away in my life, nerve damage that is, it hit me at 72 and I'm soon 82. It all can become more manageable I believe. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask anything. c

Chemar 02-18-2020 01:43 PM

Just a reminder of the important disclaimer on all pages here:
Quote:

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
This is especially important when it comes to dosing, or possible interactions, whether with medications or supplements.
Even natural supplements can sometimes react with other supplements or medications, and different people respond in variable ways to dosage.

caroline2 02-18-2020 02:06 PM

InPain1234: Grape Seed Extract is NOT a pain killer but cleans and thins our blood. Addresses so many bodily issues. Do your research.