NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Welcome to the Bipolar forums! (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/255112-welcome-bipolar-forums.html)

bizi 02-21-2020 11:23 AM

Welcome to the Bipolar forums!

Welcome to the bipolar forums!
Bipolar is a major mental health diagnosis that affects moods, behaviors and thought processes.
We are a very quiet group right now...
There are people who post only occasionally and some several times a day.
Bipolar includes varying degrees of depression, hypomania like I am in right now. One member is a mom to family members with the disorder.

Just wanted to welcome anyone who wanted to post our small group.
Please don't be shy, jump in and ask for support!
bizi

bizi 02-21-2020 11:41 AM

Just wanted to add....You don't have to have a Bipolar label to post here....perhaps you have depression and other concerns....I am here to support you just ask!
bizi

pink kitty 02-21-2020 04:54 PM

Thanks bizi :)

I was wondering, for anyone with bipolar or major depression, how much does routine help you?

pink kitty 02-21-2020 05:23 PM

I also wonder if 15mg diazepam a day is a ''high'' dose. The other meds prescribed don't help me or I have very severe side effects. Has anyone else found benzos to be helpful? :hug:

Nevsky 02-21-2020 08:08 PM

Major depression & anxiety. Routine is critical to my function and personal sanity.
I'm on Klonopin/clonazepam both for the anxiety and a neurological issue. In general, I believe clonazepam, a benzodiazepine, is the most effective medication I take.
I try to take the smallest effective dose, but my doctors have built some "cushion" into my prescription to allow me to take more when necessary, which rarely happens - if I don't stray far from routine.

GeeLuv 02-21-2020 08:29 PM

Thanks for this thread Bizi! And thanks for welcoming everyone. I've been diagnosed with unspecified bipolar, so apparently it's not actual bipolar, but I have had "clinically significant episodes of mood elevation". While depression has been more prominent in my overall lifespan, I've been more up as of the past couple of months, not hypo or at least not all the time, but generally feeling good. My hypo doesn't present with overspending or truly reckless behavior, so I wonder if I'm just having good days from depression. Depression definitely runs in my family on both sides, but I have a couple of cousins, one with bipolar something and another with schizo something. Unfortunately it isn't really talked about too much except when something happens. All I know is that they need their meds to be stable. It's really sad with one cousin because we grew up together and then he moved and ive only seen him once in 20 years (10 years back). I miss him! But I worry about him and those around him too. He has kids, but my aunt takes care of them. :/ But I am really digressing now.

Just happy to be here!

bizi 02-21-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink kitty (Post 1283776)
Thanks bizi :)

I was wondering, for anyone with bipolar or major depression, how much does routine help you?

Yes!!!!
My routine is what keeps me going! at least for me it is very important.
Since I have been having this hypomania episode it is taking me longer to do my routine.
getting going later in the day, staying up later at night taking too long for my client visits. getting home later and later.
sigh
bizi

bizi 02-21-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink kitty (Post 1283777)
I also wonder if 15mg diazepam a day is a ''high'' dose. The other meds prescribed don't help me or I have very severe side effects. Has anyone else found benzos to be helpful? :hug:

I am not familiar with diazepam.
I know that I used to take .5mg of klonipin to sleep at night, worked great for years, never had to raise the dose. then pdoc(psychiatrist) took it away from me because I drink.
sigh
bizi

pink kitty 05-02-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1283794)
I am not familiar with diazepam.
I know that I used to take .5mg of klonipin to sleep at night, worked great for years, never had to raise the dose. then pdoc(psychiatrist) took it away from me because I drink.
sigh
bizi

I'm sorry the psychiatrist took the klonopin away because you drink :( That is one of the reasons I do not consult a doctor unless I absolutely have to. I don't drink much... but I don't trust them not to stop the diazepam. :(

Hugs
:grouphug:

bizi 07-27-2020 08:21 PM

calling pink kitty......:Dhere kitty kitty lol
bizi