NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Triggered and scared (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/255189-triggered-scared.html)

pink kitty 03-02-2020 02:19 PM

Triggered and scared

I was told I have traits of BPD. I am not convinced. I have not found a good therapist (or effective meds). But I do have triggers, I probably have complex PTSD. A good friend has disappeared. I do not know if she is sick or if I have done something wrong. Ugh. :(:confused:

Mari 03-02-2020 03:42 PM

Find a psychiatrist to diagnosis you and prescribe medications.

Your general doctor can sometimes give you a list of names.

M

bizi 03-02-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink kitty (Post 1284158)
I was told I have traits of BPD. I am not convinced. I have not found a good therapist (or effective meds). But I do have triggers, I probably have complex PTSD. A good friend has disappeared. I do not know if she is sick or if I have done something wrong. Ugh. :(:confused:

BPD can mean borderline or bipolar. which one do you mean?
Yes get a good DR.
I am sorry you are struggling.
((((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Under a rock 04-04-2020 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink kitty (Post 1284158)

I am sending hugs :grouphug:

GeeLuv 04-04-2020 01:35 PM

I don't know how I missed this thread! Sorry you're struggling pink! I hope you can find someone to help you figure out what's going on. Like Bizi asked, it is a bit confusing if you mean the personality disorder or bipolar since this is a bipolar section. If the former, well, I've been told I seem to have traits as well. I'm not sure if what I went through would be considered PTSD, but my therapist at the time (few years ago when I was going) told me what I went through was kind of a trauma. I mean, it definitely traumatized me and made me different in interacting with people and I am also triggered by certain things...but yeah, I dunno.

You say a friend left huh? Yeah, it's these kind of actions that trigger me too, but so far it has mostly been in my head. I don't know your situation, but I hope you can find out what happened to your friend and he or she comes back, but if not, I hope you can find a way to come to peace with it. I know it's not always easy to talk about these things, but if you ever want someone to listen, I'm here. (((Hugs))) I hope that isn't triggering for you. I often fear I come on too strong, specifically with folks I haven't really talked to much yet, so if you don't want to talk, I really won't be offended. Maybe frustrated, because I'd like to offer my help if I can, but not offended. Like I said, I know (I know personally) that it's not easy to talk about these things...maybe a public journal could be helpful?? Of course, that is if you can't find yourself a therapist.
Sorry for this rambling on. Just want you to know I care!
Best wishes!

Dmom3005 04-04-2020 09:54 PM

Pink

Please let us know how you are doing. We are here for you

pink kitty 04-10-2020 09:34 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm ok, thanks for all the support :) :grouphug:

bizi 05-20-2020 07:33 PM

how are you?

GeeLuv 05-20-2020 11:34 PM

yeah PK. missing you! <3

mymorgy 05-21-2020 02:20 AM

yes how are you?