NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello everyone. New here. (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/255202-hello.html)

parkinsons here-now 03-03-2020 02:51 AM

Hello everyone. New here.

Hello, everyone. My name is Jesus Marquez. I'm very concerned with Parkinson's disease. For 18 years I was a caregiver for my father, who had Parkinson's. By the time we learned important things, it was too late for him. Since his death in 2012, I started to help patients and their families so that they would not always have to start from scratch and to be able to take advantage of the experience and information that so much pain and time had cost to bring together many veterans sick and caregivers.

I would like to learn and share with you this information that I believe can bring hope to the Parkinson's patients and their families.

Although my command of English is still far from what I would like, I hope it is enough. I beg your pardon for the mistakes.

Best regards.

Jesus Marquez

agate 03-03-2020 12:51 PM

parkinsons here-now, I don't have Parkinson's but would like to welcome you. I'm still relearning my way around here after having been a very inactive member since 2006, limiting my activity pretty much to the MS forum.

It's always nice when someone comes along who wants to be helpful! I'm sorry you lost your father to Parkinson's. It sounds as if you fought a good fight on his behalf. Your experience should be very valuable to others here.

:Good-Luck:

kiwi33 03-03-2020 01:50 PM

Hi Jesus

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

I am sorry to read about your father.

The Parkinson's forum here is very active so I am sure that other members would welcome your contributions to it.

All the best.

parkinsons here-now 03-03-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agate (Post 1284202)
parkinsons here-now, I don't have Parkinson's but would like to welcome you. I'm still relearning my way around here after having been a very inactive member since 2006, limiting my activity pretty much to the MS forum.

It's always nice when someone comes along who wants to be helpful! I'm sorry you lost your father to Parkinson's. It sounds as if you fought a good fight on his behalf. Your experience should be very valuable to others here.

:Good-Luck:

Hi agate.
I appreciate your welcome and your words.
I wish you all the best. : )

parkinsons here-now 03-03-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi33 (Post 1284207)
Hi Jesus

Welcome to NeuroTalk :).

I am sorry to read about your father.

The Parkinson's forum here is very active so I am sure that other members would welcome your contributions to it.

All the best.

Hi kiwi33.

Thank you for your welcome.

Knowledge is power and it is so important that one word can make a difference. : )