NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   waking light (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/255349-waking-light.html)

mymorgy 04-04-2020 02:51 AM

waking light

waking light sorry got your name wrong
bobby

Waking Light 04-04-2020 01:47 PM

Hi, bobby! :) And hi to everyone else! First of all, I am not bipolar. But I wanted to support GeeLuv, & I like to read what you all have to say. I am probably schizoaffective, depressive type, although not officially diagnosed. I have "auditory hallucinations" (voices & various noises), & I get depressed sometimes. I really appreciate the atmosphere here. You are nice people & have helpful suggestions for each other. Thank you so very much for making me feel welcome! And I do feel at home here. I hope it's ok to say God bless you! :grouphug: :circlelove:

Waking Light 04-04-2020 01:58 PM

p.s. Also thank you Donna & GeeLuv! :)

mymorgy 04-04-2020 03:11 PM

so glad you joined us.
bobby

Dmom3005 04-04-2020 09:46 PM

Welcome again. As you will notice I'm not bipolar either one of my SOns and some of my other family is

Donna

GeeLuv 04-05-2020 11:34 AM

yeah, and once again, I'm not exactly bipolar either...well, it's still being questioned, but ...yeah, well, I think you and others pretty much know my story now. :D Thanks for supporting me! I'm hoping I can be supportive for you too! If or when things calm down, I'll try posting more in our mutual threads...actually, i really owe an update to the B&B one ha! :D

Waking Light 04-05-2020 12:07 PM

Thank you GeeLuv, & thank you mymorgy (bobby) for being here! :grouphug:

mymorgy 04-06-2020 08:20 AM

do you have any pets?
love
bobby

Waking Light 04-06-2020 11:37 AM

I'm presently without a pet. I am sorry to say I am trapped in a cruel world dictated by the voices, especially one in particular. He uses stabbing pains to control me. At least one of the other voices also uses pain jabs sometimes but other times is friendly. Anyway, my life is very difficult, & obviously not normal. But I manage. Thank goodness for online places to go without going anywhere. And I learn a lot & have fun. Thank you for letting me be here.

mymorgy 04-06-2020 12:39 PM

how painful! there is no medication to treat it?
for stomach issues chamomile tea helps calm me and my stomach. ginger for my stomach also helps.
love
bobby

GeeLuv 04-06-2020 04:53 PM

So sorry to hear it WL! Yeah I'm curious to know what or if there is a treatment too.

Bobby- how do you take your ginger? I seem to recall hubby saying the best way to do it is to soak it in water (or vinegar? Wow! Big difference, but it's been awhile) overnight and then take a single piece everyday to prevent stomachaches. Don't worry folks, I'll get the exact recipe for ya next time. But it seems to me that there has to be other ways to take it and plus the flaw with his method is that you HAVE to take it everyday, I think. So like if you forget a day does that start you all over?? I dunno. But because of all the peeling and chopping, at the time it was just too much for me to keep up with regularly. Might try it again though...once I get the correct recipe of course. :P

mymorgy 04-07-2020 07:29 AM

I am definitely interested. I drink ginger tea. I think I might have ground ginger. I have to check. Thanks so much. Lemon and water also helps. I have that every morning.
Fondly
bobby

mymorgy 04-07-2020 07:30 AM

how are you doing today? Rolaids advanced I have but they really seem to work but thanks.
love
bobby

GeeLuv 04-07-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1285349)
I am definitely interested. I drink ginger tea. I think I might have ground ginger. I have to check. Thanks so much. Lemon and water also helps. I have that every morning.
Fondly
bobby

argh! this was the other thing I needed to ask hubby about. oops! and he's downstairs right now. I will hopefully remember to ask him tonight though!

-----

odd thing is that tonight I'm having a bit of indigestion or gas or something trapped in my tummy. It's more just annoying right now. Hopefully it goes soon. I'll try drinking more water...maybe it's from the dairy in the dish I ate for lunch?? Or maybe I ate too fast or didn't chew enough. hmm

pink kitty 04-10-2020 09:41 PM

hugs to Waking light and to all :) :grouphug:

GeeLuv 04-10-2020 10:22 PM

(((Hugs)))

P.s. I haven't forgotten about the ginger stuff, it's just that I now have to talk to my sister in law about it because hubby forgot. Lol But he did remember it was vinegar and maybe a little salt. Says it was good for controlling blood sugar.

Waking Light 04-25-2020 01:09 PM

Well, here it is, the 25th of April. Can't believe it. I needed to basically hibernate for a while. And now I feel a bit strange. I guess a lot of people do these days. What's normal? But I seem to be ok. Taking personal inventory, I see I have a lot to be grateful for. And I am. That doesn't mean it isn't hard sometimes. As for today, though, it's springtime, there is sunshine, you are there, really good people, & all of this is free! :) I hope for all of you that you are able to have a really nice day today! And I want to thank you very much for everything! :grouphug: :hug: :circlelove:

mymorgy 04-25-2020 01:53 PM

in the middle of the night it was strange but I started thinking of all the good things I have and have had in my life. wild.
love and kisses
bobby

Waking Light 04-30-2020 12:05 AM

Thank you, Bobby. I am also thankful for my blessings. Today was better.

mymorgy 04-30-2020 12:28 AM

that is so wonderful especially with the overhanging virus!
love and kisses
bobby

GeeLuv 04-30-2020 02:33 PM

Hey Waking Light! Nice to see you back too! Glad you're beginning to feel better too!

((((Hugs))))

pink kitty 05-02-2020 12:41 AM

Hi Waking Light, it's good to see you posting again and I also am glad you're starting to feel better :) ((((((((( hugs ))))))))) :grouphug:

Waking Light 05-02-2020 05:24 PM

Thank you everybody! :) This is a good place to be: :grouphug: :grouphug: :Heart: Hugs & love to you!

mymorgy 05-03-2020 05:23 AM

How is today going?
love and kisses
bobby

Waking Light 05-03-2020 01:37 PM

Today is going easy so far. I made peanut butter oatmeal cookies (no sugar) for breakfast, enjoyed my coffee, googled some song lyrics for my voices (they sing), & have been feeling grateful for the sun & the little improvements I've been experiencing. Just days ago it was much different. I hope you all find your special way today. :grouphug: :boy(music): :circlelove: Thank you, Bobby!

mymorgy 05-03-2020 03:01 PM

? for my voices (they sing? i don't understand.
so glad you are feeling even better! cookies sounded great.
love and kisses
bobby

Waking Light 05-04-2020 03:32 AM

Thank you, Bobby. About the voices, they are often referred to as auditory hallucinations, especially by people who don't experience them. They are with me all the time. My brain is very musical & so the voices not only talk to each other & to me, they do music, singing & sometimes doing musical instruments, clarinet, violin, etc. Think about how many things the brain does that we know of, producing vivid dreams for instance. We think nothing of having conversations with people in our dreams, because everybody dreams, so it's considered normal. Anyway, today seems to be starting out pretty good. I hope you all have an enjoyable day! :grouphug: :grouphug: :) :circlelove: Hugs & love!

mymorgy 05-04-2020 05:25 AM

How amazing. It sounds as if it is really beautiful. Right? Have you played any instruments? Do they at all interfere with your life? When did they start?
I am so glad your day is starting out well for you. Are you an early riser too?
loves and kisses
bobby

Waking Light 05-04-2020 01:12 PM

Thank you, Bobby! Yes, on many levels the voices & their musicality are a beautiful thing. I do play the piano, & I used to play the harmonica & autoharp. About the voices, though, sometimes they can be a terrible problem. So I keep learning ways to adjust & to make things better for me & for them. You seem spiritual. I am, too. I hope you don't mind talking about things like this. :hug: :circlelove: Hugs & love!

Waking Light 05-04-2020 01:21 PM

P.S. I'm an early riser because I have insomnia. :)

pink kitty 05-04-2020 02:43 PM

I play the piano too :) :hug:

Waking Light 05-04-2020 05:41 PM

Hi, pink kitty! :) So there we are, playing the piano on opposite sides of the pond! I tend to ponder a lot. III II III II (plinkity- plink-plink) :hug: :boy(music):

mymorgy 05-06-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waking Light (Post 1286090)
Thank you, Bobby! Yes, on many levels the voices & their musicality are a beautiful thing. I do play the piano, & I used to play the harmonica & autoharp. About the voices, though, sometimes they can be a terrible problem. So I keep learning ways to adjust & to make things better for me & for them. You seem spiritual. I am, too. I hope you don't mind talking about things like this. :hug: :circlelove: Hugs & love!

I don't mind at all. I guess I even welcome it. do the voices make you feel lonely. so sorry about the insomnia. I suffer from it too. Here good sleep is so important.
Love and kisses
bobby

Waking Light 05-06-2020 07:46 AM

Bobby, you are so sweet & precious! And you continually surprize me. Generally, I never get lonely, because I love being alone so I can do the things I crave to do, which are loner type things, reading, learning, writing, meditating, wondering, art things, music, communicating with God, the cells within the ecosystem of my own body. But yes, my voices do make me feel lonely sometimes. I have lost the privacy of my own mind. It was a special place of my very own, a place for creativity that gave me such pleasure. They don't understand, even though they, themselves, are very creative. I feel alone because I feel so misunderstood, while I, myself, continually try so hard to understand them. And I will keep trying! :hug: :circlelove: Hugs & love to you Bobby!

mymorgy 05-06-2020 08:56 AM

that must be so hard. You do really enjoy so many positive things! Do you write poetry? what are the types of books you read? what is your favorite instrument?
i tend to be an introvert except when i used to play a lot of racket sports.
love and kisses
bobby

Waking Light 05-06-2020 09:54 AM

Yes, I've written poetry since childhood. I have a very wide range of books, ancient Greek literature, English & other classics, philosophy, science, spirituality, self-help, astronomy & nature. I don't have a favorite instrument. I love many instruments, solo & together in an orchestra. I also love it when a movie has a great musical score. I love going to the movies. I miss that. Do you? Do you have DVDs? Do you play music? What about video games? I don't have any. I think about it. I don't have a computer. I use a flip cell phone that has a brouser on it. I hope you're feeling a bit better. :hug: :circlelove: Hugs & love!

GeeLuv 05-06-2020 02:17 PM

I love good musical scores too. :) And I also miss going to the movies, although we don't really do it that often. Still, it was one of those things H and I could enjoy together (when I don't pick a bad one. *rolls eyes. I see his crappy movies all the time and still try to enjoy them for his sake. :/ ) Ugh! Sorry! We really need to get out to the movies again and see a great movie we both can enjoy to remove this negative stigma. Virus, be gone already! :)

Waking Light 05-06-2020 03:32 PM

Thank you GeeLuv! :) I'll be crossing my fingers for you. It's really something to look forward to. The whole experience at the movies, the trailers/coming attractions, the anticipation before the movie begins, the dimming of the lights, then the movie. I hope you will find a movie you both enjoy. :boy(music): :circlelove:

mymorgy 05-07-2020 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waking Light (Post 1286119)
Yes, I've written poetry since childhood. I have a very wide range of books, ancient Greek literature, English & other classics, philosophy, science, spirituality, self-help, astronomy & nature. I don't have a favorite instrument. I love many instruments, solo & together in an orchestra. I also love it when a movie has a great musical score. I love going to the movies. I miss that. Do you? Do you have DVDs? Do you play music? What about video games? I don't have any. I think about it. I don't have a computer. I use a flip cell phone that has a brouser on it. I hope you're feeling a bit better. :hug: :circlelove: Hugs & love!

wow you have such a rich inner life. so wonderful. I was a Latin major and studied Greek but read so little in Greek literature. I love music. I belong to Amazon Prime Music and Premium you tube. For a while now all I have been listening to is Josh Groban. I love his voice and wonder if he is bipolar. In an interview he said he suffers from anxiety and depression and isolation and always is accompanied by his adorable old dog, I used to love going to movies. One of my favorites was Good Will Hunting. Now they are so expensive and I stopped checking them out. Last time I tried to see a comedy with a friend,I had to take a cab cause I can't walk much because of a stroke and wound up collapsing. Two lovely men helped me to get into a cab. My friend had seen me and got in the cab and I went home. I used to be so athletic.. When I was little I tried the piano and violin. My piano teacher said I was gifted but my mother had bought a used piano that was never in tune and I couldn't take it.
My older sister, now dead, made a fuss of me practicing on the violin and kept on wanting me to play outdoors so that stopped. I still love the old musicals!
I love Cat Stevens and Gordon Lightfoot and Tom Petty and there are others.
every day for hours I listen to Josh Groban now/ I use a desktop and have a cheap smartphone. The stroke affected my hand coordination so I am hopeless on the smart phone. I also used to be an assembly programmer.
Love and kisses
bobby

GeeLuv 05-07-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1286140)
wow you have such a rich inner life. so wonderful. I was a Latin major and studied Greek but read so little in Greek literature. I love music. I belong to Amazon Prime Music and Premium you tube. For a while now all I have been listening to is Josh Groban. I love his voice and wonder if he is bipolar. In an interview he said he suffers from anxiety and depression and isolation and always is accompanied by his adorable old dog, I used to love going to movies. One of my favorites was Good Will Hunting. Now they are so expensive and I stopped checking them out. Last time I tried to see a comedy with a friend,I had to take a cab cause I can't walk much because of a stroke and wound up collapsing. Two lovely men helped me to get into a cab. My friend had seen me and got in the cab and I went home. I used to be so athletic.. When I was little I tried the piano and violin. My piano teacher said I was gifted but my mother had bought a used piano that was never in tune and I couldn't take it.
My older sister, now dead, made a fuss of me practicing on the violin and kept on wanting me to play outdoors so that stopped. I still love the old musicals!
I love Cat Stevens and Gordon Lightfoot and Tom Petty and there are others.
every day for hours I listen to Josh Groban now/ I use a desktop and have a cheap smartphone. The stroke affected my hand coordination so I am hopeless on the smart phone. I also used to be an assembly programmer.
Love and kisses
bobby

Hey Bobby! just jumping in on this as well.

We had an awful piano growing up too, Out of tune and or also missing some keys (or they were dead anyway). Sooo frustrating!! lol Dad still plays it though.

Interesting about Josh possibly having bipolar. I suspect that of one or more of the artists I follow. One actually does have it. You likely not be familiar with him, but he's also written a couple of memoirs. In a way, he turned his life around similarly to Cat Stevens. "With Eyes Wide Shut" (i think is the title) is the one I read about that life change. He wrote another book before that, but I forget the content (didn't read it). The artist/author is Brian "Head" Welsch (he's a guitarist in the Nu-metal band, Korn hehe) He's such an adorable person, very lively. (I had to watch an interview after I enjoyed his story so much. forget what the interview was about though, but he was bouncing around in his seat like Tigger from Winne the Pooh. haha) Oh, maybe I was curious because he was coming to town for a book signing. I didn't go though.