NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   Neuropathy Pain: Help! Desperate. (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/255356-neuropathy-pain-help-desperate.html)

mlbb 04-06-2020 12:40 PM

Neuropathy Pain: Help! Desperate.

Hello,

I will keep it brief.
Very ill father, who wont go to doctor. Limited time on this earth left.
Never diagnosed formally, but has all symptoms of neuropathy.

Has severe pain in legs, legs are even cold. Previously had tingling hands and feet for years, very bad.

I tried to help with Neuropaway and taurine, and it made his worse for that night by far.

Aside from prescription painkillers which he cannot get, is there anything I can do to ease his pain and NOT make it worse?

There seems to be so much snake oil sold out there.

Please help or help me understand the situation.

caroline2 04-06-2020 06:43 PM

So OP this is your father? Is he taking Statin drugs, and if so this is a major cause of Neuropathy and also diabetes and alcohol and surgery and and and so many things.

I won't tell anyone to get off their drugs, but I'd sure look into alternatives to replace some if I could, good to talk to doc about this but I do all my own work and I'm 82 this year.

For me and I was left with neuropathy after hip replacement going on 10 yrs ago, Inosine supplement has worked good for me. Also I love love Topricin homeopathic lotion for neuropathy. I have tried so many things over a lot of years and come back to the best being Inosine and Topricin and it comes in foot pain version and regular version, both are fine for all this type pain and misery.

When you say snake oil I can say that about many damaging drugs people are taking and doing poorly. I take 95% supplements for my long health program. There are alternatives for just about every drug out there. Do your homework and research. Good luck.

caroline2 04-06-2020 06:51 PM

OP: Read all the info in the PN forum here, lots of good info. And if your father went to doctor for this issue, good chance he would be given gabapentin and then that's a whole other story with side effects. A friend took that drug for years for statin induced PN and I witnessed her with some of t he side effects she lived with, not good. She's gone to other supplements and now off the statins and gabapentin.

mlbb 04-06-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1285335)
OP: Read all the info in the PN forum here, lots of good info. And if your father went to doctor for this issue, good chance he would be given gabapentin and then that's a whole other story with side effects. A friend took that drug for years for statin induced PN and I witnessed her with some of t he side effects she lived with, not good. She's gone to other supplements and now off the statins and gabapentin.

Thank you. Time is of the essence, I am not sure how much longer he will be with us. This is someone who has never been to a doctor and the few times he may have, did not have a good experience.

Do I want Topricin foot or back pain or which one? His legs have terrible nerve pain and he cannot sleep. I gave him Taurine and it made the pain 100x worse. Does Topricin really stop nerve pain?

caroline2 04-06-2020 09:41 PM

Buy the Topricin for foot pain and one can use it on all parts of their body. I keep a stock in my house and now have 3 bottles as I don't want to run out. The foot version is the same ingredients only it's a thicker consistency. It manages and reduces pain, and one needs TO USE IT, and up to 3-4 times daily or more as needed. Can your father take a pain med, I take 1 ibuprofen, 1 extra strength tylenol every 6 hrs and make sure I have food in my stomach. I even take it at 5:30AM as I've got it down to a 6 hr schedule.

Jomar 04-06-2020 09:53 PM

What other health issues does he have, what is his age?

If you truly think his time is limited, you can contact & get information about Hospice.
Hospice Foundation Of America - What is Hospice?

BOO72 01-09-2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1285334)
So OP this is your father? Is he taking Statin drugs, and if so this is a major cause of Neuropathy and also diabetes and alcohol and surgery and and and so many things.

I won't tell anyone to get off their drugs, but I'd sure look into alternatives to replace some if I could, good to talk to doc about this but I do all my own work and I'm 82 this year.

For me and I was left with neuropathy after hip replacement going on 10 yrs ago, Inosine supplement has worked good for me. Also I love love Topricin homeopathic lotion for neuropathy. I have tried so many things over a lot of years and come back to the best being Inosine and Topricin and it comes in foot pain version and regular version, both are fine for all this type pain and misery.

When you say snake oil I can say that about many damaging drugs people are taking and doing poorly. I take 95% supplements for my long health program. There are alternatives for just about every drug out there. Do your homework and research. Good luck.

Can you tell me how much inosine you take?

Jomar 01-09-2021 04:43 PM

You can also use our site search to find inosine information/doseage in past posts here..

Kitt 01-10-2021 12:43 PM

Welcome BOO72. :Wave-Hello:

Atticus 01-11-2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlbb (Post 1285328)
Hello,

I will keep it brief.
Very ill father, who wont go to doctor. Limited time on this earth left.
Never diagnosed formally, but has all symptoms of neuropathy.

Has severe pain in legs, legs are even cold. Previously had tingling hands and feet for years, very bad.

I tried to help with Neuropaway and taurine, and it made his worse for that night by far.

Aside from prescription painkillers which he cannot get, is there anything I can do to ease his pain and NOT make it worse?

There seems to be so much snake oil sold out there.

Please help or help me understand the situation.

Hey Mibb,

Sorry to hear of your father's pain.

I don't know if it's appropriate in your father's case, but have you considered massage therapy for him. When I was at the peak of my pain with PN, (Peripheral Neuropathy) massages helped me greatly. They relieve pain and help blood flow and recovery and they are very pleasant.

You also have the the options of heat and cold compresses on a trial and error basis. He may benefit from regular hot baths? If he has cold feet he may like any given number of products to keep his feet warm. Consider neoprene ankle supports. Ankles are often vulnerable in PN. This will help with heat retention in his feet too.

Do you have Ibuprofen gels in USA?

I wish you all the best.