NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Neuromuscular (https://www.neurotalk.org/neuromuscular/)
-   -   Scar tissue nerve decompression and muscle aches with activity (https://www.neurotalk.org/neuromuscular/255537-scar-tissue-nerve-decompression-muscle-aches-activity.html)

miss2000 05-15-2020 03:58 PM

Scar tissue nerve decompression and muscle aches with activity

Hello folks!
I’m new here. I have been struggling to understand what could be going on with me since I had a buttock injection 3 months ago (for neck pain) and developed a lump. A couple of weeks after that I developed numbness and weakness in my leg, foot.. my GP said it was nerve compression. Surgeon didn’t recommend surgery and said the lump was too superficial to cause any problems!
Things now progressed to the point where I cannot be on my feet for a long time - my leg muscles and ligaments start hurting like crazy.
I had to quit all walking, exercising and feel very debilitated by this. CT scan showed some superficial fat granuloma at the site of injection (lump) and minor inflammation. Waiting for EMG..( with Covid 19, this might take three months to get in)...
I wonder if there is a nerve damage done and therefore symptoms . Anyone had scar tissue removed so it relieved nerve compression?

What test could show nerve compression/damage?
And most importantly, anyone had luck getting better with this? Or this permanent ?

Thank
You got your response!!

caroline2 05-15-2020 04:57 PM

I live with damage including scar tissue from the 2 surgeries I had in my life. Many years ago a hysterectomy and living the sciatic nerve damage and 10 yrs ago, a LOT of damage from hip replacement....both pretty Major surgeries.

I'm much older now and have learned to live with it all, do I like it, NO WAY, but I would not think of doing more surgery on these areas or any new part of body. Surgery will do more harm.

I do a lot of other things to keep myself as comfortable as I know how.

miss2000 05-15-2020 07:12 PM

Hello Caroline2,

Thank you for your reply! And I’m sorry for the pain you you are going through. .
I guess the most frustrating fact is that no doctor knows for sure what’s happening with me.. they play a guessing game and prescribe things that hurt me even more ..I’m scared now to go to be seen by anyone just because of a Risk to be hurt more.
As a 38 yo single mom, it is hard to deal with, too..

What are your symptoms ? And what have yo u found to help so far?

Jomar 05-15-2020 07:40 PM

Have you had any PT or a advanced PT evaluation for the neck pain?
Any diagnosis or cause known?

What was the reasoning for inj in buttock vs a cervical spine level?

Other alternatives-
Expert Chiropractic evaluation?
Acupuncture?

miss2000 05-15-2020 11:23 PM

Hello Jomar!

PT was prescribed to help dissolve the lump postbinjection , but it made things even worse pain-wise..

The reasoning was because of Covid , the injection was administered at home..

caroline2 05-16-2020 12:24 AM

I don't understand the home injection...

I was left with a staph infection in knee from a PRP injection in MD's office back in 2016, long ugly time in my life...4.5 months in rehabs as I could NOT walk and docs didn't find infection for over 2.5 months..then the abx drugs began. I'm paranoid more than ever of doctors and their works.

miss2000 05-16-2020 10:34 AM

Yes, I can totally relate to the scare of injections! They did blood work and cultures as well as aspiration to rule out infection- only after I insisted and really bugged them for 3 months!!!!