NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   cymbalta (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/25576-cymbalta.html)

Steff 08-09-2007 05:58 PM

cymbalta

docs all think it is the new great deal, but the internet says different from many people's experience. I have been withdrawn from other drugs before, plus had neg reactions to many.
Is anyonw on this for nerve pain? and what is it doing?
thanks
steff

fiberowendy2000 08-10-2007 10:25 AM

I swear I was the first one on Cymbalta when samples were given by docs. It actually made my nerve pain worse instead of better and it did NOT help my depression in any way.
I would stay away from this drug. I know it has helped some people here but I was on 90mgs a day and got no relief. Luckily coming off it was not a big deal for me, like it has been for others.
For those who Cymbalta has helped I wish you all the best with it.

MSacorn 08-10-2007 12:14 PM

I tried it last year. Still have the bottle of samples. I'm sensitive to meds and this one made me sleep, for a long time. I stopped after 2 days because I thought if I took any more, I'd never wake up. Not thinking it helped except to make me unconscious of the pain and depression. I'm still stuggling with pain, but Lexapro had so improved my spirits. It took 6 tough weeks of trial and error but nausea is under control and falling asleep sitting up is done too.

Good luck. :hug:

fiberowendy2000 08-10-2007 12:20 PM

I agree Lexapro is a much better drug. I take Celexa now because of the copay but I feel good on that too.

Steff 08-10-2007 09:45 PM

cymbalta nerve pain

does the lexapro help with pain-i dont care if i am depressed-if i am noto in pain i will be able to have some joy
s

MSacorn 08-10-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steff (Post 135074)
does the lexapro help with pain-i dont care if i am depressed-if i am noto in pain i will be able to have some joy
s

Hi Steff
I'm sorry for you pain, Well, I'm not sure if Lexapro helps with pain. I am in such pain, but now that I am feeling more positive, it doesn't drag my mood down constantly. Not to say, I don't have my moments but I get through the day a bit easier. I'd say try it. I've found meds effect everyone a bit differently. Wishing you joy.
:hug:

fiberowendy2000 08-11-2007 03:02 AM

No Lexapro does not help with pain just depressive symptoms.
But if you are looking to feel better mentally it is a good drug to go to.
As for your pain Steff, you need to think of a plan for yourself. Pain meds don't do it all. I found that out the hard way.

Steff 08-11-2007 08:47 AM

plan

i know all about a plan. for 20 years i had a plan with my level 5 fibro pain-no or little drugs-keep busy with family faith adn friends-
my pain now is from prolotherapy shots that burned my nerve and it so bad i cannot think after walking to the bathroom.
so there is not family (dont want to be around me) no friends (cant go out) and faith is gone. i dont need to worry about hell i am in it.
thanks for the idea.
i dont know what to do--who to trust-everyone has hurt me including docs.
steff

fiberowendy2000 08-12-2007 06:40 AM

Sorry Steff. I didn't mean to offend. Some people seem to think that meds are the end all, be all for help and I just wanted to make sure that you know its not true. But it seems you are a veteran CPer just like me.
I too have lost friends and family and it stinks. But now you have us here! Feel free to talk to us as friends. We are here for you. You don't have to explain, we understand.:grouphug:

InHisHands 08-15-2007 01:20 PM

This didn't help my nerve pain (RSD), it did help my headaches for a while... then, it didn't help at all.

I have heard of it helping nerve pain (like RSD)...

HTH! :hug: