NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   Dangers of Mercury Dental Amalgam Finally Recognized! (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/255971-dangers-mercury-dental-amalgam-finally-recognized.html)

Chemar 09-24-2020 06:13 PM

Dangers of Mercury Dental Amalgam Finally Recognized!

At last the FDA has acknowledged that dental amalgams containing mercury are detrimental to some people!
For many years now anyone suggesting this was called a "quack" :rolleyes:
I do hope this advisory will eventually expand to more groups.

Recommendations About the Use of Dental Amalgam in Certain High-Risk Populations: FDA Safety Communication | FDA

Kitt 09-25-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 1289301)
At last the FDA has acknowledged that dental amalgams containing mercury are detrimental to some people!
For many years now anyone suggesting this was called a "quack" :rolleyes:
I do hope this advisory will eventually expand to more groups.

Recommendations About the Use of Dental Amalgam in Certain High-Risk Populations: FDA Safety Communication | FDA

Good article. However, it also says that the FDA does not recommend that those fillings be removed unless medically necessary. I will not be removing mine.

Kitt

Chemar 09-25-2020 09:47 AM

Hi Kitt
Yes there are dangers in removing old ones as if not done under extremely skilled conditions, the mercury can actually enter one's system during the removal, and cause issues far worse than just keeping the filling can.

I do know of people who had them removed by highly trained and skilled dentists due to the very serious nature of their conditions not being able to tolerate the fillings, and they were treated with specialized care before, during and after the removal to ensure safety. They are doing MUCH better since having the mercury amalgams removed. But one needs to only trust specialized dentists to do this and it is very pricey!

Kitt 09-25-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 1289322)
Hi Kitt
Yes there are dangers in removing old ones as if not done under extremely skilled conditions, the mercury can actually enter one's system during the removal, and cause issues far worse than just keeping the filling can.

I do know of people who had them removed by highly trained and skilled dentists due to the very serious nature of their conditions not being able to tolerate the fillings, and they were treated with specialized care before, during and after the removal to ensure safety. They are doing MUCH better since having the mercury amalgams removed. But one needs to only trust specialized dentists to do this and it is very pricey!

I do agree that it has to be specialized dentists. That makes sense. So there you go. :D

Kitt

Bryanna 12-03-2020 10:14 PM

Here is the proper protocol to remove mercury dental fillings and without question it should be used every time.

The Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART)