NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Flu Shot after Concussion (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/256147-flu-shot-concussion.html)

stevegee 11-10-2020 10:10 AM

Flu Shot after Concussion

Its been 3 weeks since my concussion. Was planning on getting this flu shot - especially this year. Wondering if theres any info about this with a brain injury.

Thanks

Kitt 11-10-2020 10:55 AM

I have read that it is okay to get a flu shot after a concussion. Others will be along.

Kitt

caroline2 11-10-2020 01:41 PM

OP: It's all personal choice on how a person wants to keep a strong immune system, naturally or with drugs, I prefer the first but that's me. I don't like for starters the preservatives in the vaccines, and most contain aluminum, so saying this may sway you, don't know. Many many don't think as I do, but that's OK. Overall I don't see an issue with a vaccine after a concussion...but the expert may come along and confirm this..

Give me good ole Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and of course grape seed extract for a strong immune system.....

Mark in Idaho 11-10-2020 11:58 PM

I have never had a flu shot and never will. The aluminum adjuvant (antagonizes the immune system) is not healthy. The thymerosol is mercury based. The 'experts' claim the risk is much less than the risk of disease.
Even the aluminum and thymerosol free vaccines are not in my plans.

funnylegs4 11-11-2020 05:23 PM

I have Cerebral Palsy and I was told by my doc that you can get a non mercury flu shot and that these non mercury shots are perfectly safe for people with brain issues. It's possible to get free non mercury flu shots at certain pharmacies. I hope this helps.

caroline2 11-11-2020 06:03 PM

I don't like any of these toxic vaccines, the alumunium is a metal our body does not need. I agree with Mark on this one for sure...I have not done a flu vaccine for at least 40 yrs and keep my own system GOOD....

kiwi33 11-11-2020 11:12 PM

This article from the CDC discusses the use of adjuvants in vaccines.

Adjuvants and Vaccines | Vaccine Safety | CDC

This one from Cochrane (results not yet available) is an example of how evidence-based medicine works in this context.

Cochrane Library

Mark in Idaho 11-12-2020 12:14 AM

Adjuvants, even aluminum based adjuvants can be safe from a toxic perspective. The mercury based preservatives like Thimerosol are claimed to be safe. I had a mercury based contrast injected into my veins for a brain scan in 1970.

My concern is they trigger the immune system to go looking for an invader. Evidence suggests that in some cases of adjuvant based dead cell vaccines, when the immune system goes looking for the invader and does not find one, it gangs up on whatever looks like the dead cells. In some cases, it is believed that it attacks health cells that have a resemblance to the dead cells but the body needs to function. Many believe this is the start of some auto immune diseases.