NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   grandma died yesterday.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/25616-grandma-died-yesterday.html)

colombiangirl1 08-10-2007 08:02 AM

grandma died yesterday....

She, was the only person in my family, that I was ever close to. Genuinely. I love her so. I will miss her. I know, though that now, all of her suffering is over. She lived, a very hard life. All of her life. I wrote her a letter, about 5 years ago, before the decline; telling her how I felt about her. I said everything that I had always wanted to say. I am so glad for that. I have no regrets, because of it. I also, was able to take her to church a couple of times within the last month or two. And, spend some time with her in the home. So, so, grateful for this also.

She, was such a wonderful woman. And, so misunderstood. I undersood her though. I think, I was the only one who truely, saw her. She was beautiful. I loved her. And, she knew it. Thanks, everyone for reading this.

Peace and Love,
Cgirl

Lara 08-10-2007 02:56 PM

Dear Cgirl,
I'm so very sorry to hear you've lost your grandmother. It's good that you wrote her years ago and told her how much you loved her and how important she was to you and she sure would have really appreciated your taking time to spend with her in recent months.

Words probably don't help, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I was to read about your grandma.

:Heart:

Alffe 08-10-2007 04:05 PM

What a wonderful grandaughter you were to her..what a blessing in her life.
I'm sorry for her passing and know that you'll miss having her in your life. :hug:

Chemar 08-10-2007 04:12 PM

:hug: cgirl :hug:

KathyM 08-11-2007 06:29 AM

CG :hug:

My condolences. I'll bet you were her little angel. Now she gets to be yours.

Idealist 08-16-2007 12:25 PM

CG, you have all my heartfelt sympathy at the loss of your grandmother. I know how much she meant to you, and how happy you were to take her to church in recent months. I wish there was something I could say which would sound more comforting and profound...but all I can say is that I'm so, so sorry you have to feel this loss and pain in addition to everthing else in your life.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Idealist

dorrie 08-16-2007 10:17 PM

Hi C-Girl! I am so sorry for your loss. I found out today that my wonderful grama has breast cancer.....she will be 89 in November. I am very afraid. Your Grama is with God now.....wrapped in has warm blanket of love. You take care of yourself, sweetie.:hug: :hug: :hug:

dillypooh 08-18-2007 06:02 PM

I am so sorry you lost your grandmother.
I know how you feel.
Just try and keep all the good things you two did
together close to your heart.:hug: