NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   Coronavirus, COVID-19 and Post-COVID-19 Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/256282-coronavirus-covid-19-post-covid-19-syndrome.html)

Nervous 12-14-2020 12:41 PM

Coronavirus, COVID-19 and Post-COVID-19 Syndrome

This thread its dedicated to discussion of the Coronavirus, COVID-19 and Post-COVID-19 Syndrome. Feel free to post any information that you have, as well as your personal experiences with the Coronavirus, COVID-19 and Post-COVID-19 Syndrome.

My story: In June 2020, I experienced flu-like symptoms for three days. Since then, I have had chronic headaches. From what I have read on the Internet and in the media, headache is a symptom of COVID-19 and Post-COVID-19 Syndrome.

I look forward to hearing from, and learning from, the other members of our forum.

caroline2 12-14-2020 02:55 PM

I have been fine thru all this, my Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, and Grape Seed Extract keep my Immune System strong...and that will continue for me. Being retired and dealing with advanced OA and damage from hip replacement, my activities were limited years before covid hit.

Food shortages now and then but things seem a lot better now with my deliveries.....

Good to hear other stories....C

kiwi33 12-14-2020 03:02 PM

In many countries Covid-19 infections are out of control. The availability of vaccines specific for Covid-19 is very promising; they should lead to what immunologists call herd immunity - an increased proportion of a population who are immune to the virus.

agate 12-15-2020 11:11 AM

Nervous, thank you for requesting to have my post moved from your previous thread to this one. Looks as if that may not have been something the moderators could do.

Here is one of the links I posted--the (US) CDC page with up-to-date information on COVID-19:

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | CDC

caroline2 12-15-2020 01:31 PM

Probably smart to have this "adverse effects" of the vaccine thread here too:

Adverse Effects of Covid Vaccine from FDA

kiwi33 12-15-2020 03:01 PM

This link refers to possible adverse effects of vaccines for Covid-19.

Is there any evidence that the clinical trials which have led to vaccines for Covid-19 have found any of these possible adverse effects?

agate 12-15-2020 04:02 PM

This article seems like a pretty good summary of what is known about the side-effects of the COVID-19 vaccine. Possible side effects are just that--possible side effects. Just about any side effect is possible.

Covid-19 Vaccines Pose Potential Side Effects, Doctors Say - WSJ

Nervous 12-16-2020 06:02 PM

It appears that Johns Hopkins is doing research on Post-COVID-19 and something called POTS. I haven't had a chance to read through it all yet. There is a link to another WSJ article, as well.

Coronavirus Rehabilitation Resources | Johns Hopkins Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Lara 12-16-2020 06:56 PM

Just curious, is COVID-19 testing free in the USA or do you have to pay for it?
Is testing now in December available to everyone with symptoms, or everyone even if they have no symptoms?

Nervous 12-16-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1291028)
Just curious, is COVID-19 testing free in the USA or do you have to pay for it?
Is testing now in December available to everyone with symptoms, or everyone even if they have no symptoms?

Testing is free. People are already being vaccinated. Available to everyone? Yes, but not yet. This is a gigantic logistical process.