NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Disability Update Report(short form) I mailed back in October (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/256421-disability-update-report-short-form-mailed-october.html)

walkingtaller 01-26-2021 01:29 PM

Disability Update Report(short form) I mailed back in October

Hi everyone,

I received a disability update report(the short form) which i completed and mailed back during the middle of October. It's been a little over 3 months and i haven't received anything from them. I realize it sometimes take a while. I am rated as a "L" (low).

Not sure how long is the processing time these days.

If anyone else on here mailed back a form in October, I would appreciate hearing from you to find out if you received an answer yet!

4-eyes 01-27-2021 05:51 PM

I have also been waiting since then. I got the short form as well.

Good luck! I will post back when I hear something.

walkingtaller 01-27-2021 06:25 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. I mailed mine back on October 14 (in the US Mail).
Did you send yours in the mail also? (I ask because they now have a new online disability update report form that you can use to reply; but I mailed mine the old fashioned way by US Postal Service). Did you mail it in the middle of October?

Let's stay in touch and i will also post when I hear something back.

4-eyes 01-27-2021 10:34 PM

I did mail it. I don’t remember the exact date but it was in the general timeframe that you stated. I have been on SSDI since 2002 and this is only the second time I have been reviewed. I am very close to retirement age, so I hope there is no drama.

echoes long ago 01-28-2021 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4-eyes (Post 1291709)
I did mail it. I don’t remember the exact date but it was in the general timeframe that you stated. I have been on SSDI since 2002 and this is only the second time I have been reviewed. I am very close to retirement age, so I hope there is no drama.

just curious about reviews over age 60..... what age are you?

4-eyes 01-28-2021 11:16 AM

I am 58 years old.

walkingtaller 01-28-2021 11:29 AM

I am 58 also.

echoes long ago 01-28-2021 12:08 PM

I also received a short form at 58 years old. I am on a 3 year diary so i should have gotten one at 61 but have still not gotten one and will be 64 in a week. From what i have been reading at another site it is rare to get one once you are over 60 unless you are working close substantial gainful activity,

Hopefully you both hear soon and there is no drama. Many people are waiting much longer than usual in receiving decisions on short forms and long form cdr's

4-eyes 01-28-2021 01:06 PM

Echoes, I am 99% sure you will never be bothered again. I think they quit bugging people at age 62.

4-eyes 03-20-2021 03:44 PM

I got a letter from SS today:

“We sent you a letter telling you that we were going to review your disability case. However, we do not need to review your case at this time. Therefore we will not contact your doctor now. We will keep any information that you have given us.

We will contact you later if we need to review your case.

...”

So, that’s that. This is the second time I have gotten such a response. As I am creeping up on “retirement age,” I am hoping for no surprises.

Anyone else have any news?