NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   New brain injury from hitting myself hard with shampoo bottle in shower? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/256538-brain-injury-hitting-hard-shampoo-bottle-shower.html)

BenW 03-10-2021 07:16 PM

New brain injury from hitting myself hard with shampoo bottle in shower?

I’m a 21 year old male with post concussion syndrome, possible cte and anxiety from a lifetime of contact sports and being a reckless crazy child.

Just now I was in the shower. I use a special shampoo that comes in this thick hard plastic bottle with a rock hard plastic ‘water bottle’ type mouth to it.

There was not very much shampoo left so I took the normal cap off and started shaking the bottles contents directly on to the top of my head under the water. It still had some product left in it so it was quite heavy. I slipped up as I was shaking the bottle quite rigorously and ended up hitting myself on the top side of my head with the hard bottle mouth. It didn’t hurt that much just stung a tiny bit but it definitely felt like a devastating blow. Left a bit of a sore area I believe.

Do you think this would cause further brain damage or is it more likely to be a sub concussive impact? Thank you very much.

davOD 03-11-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenW (Post 1292489)
I’m a 21 year old male with post concussion syndrome, possible cte and anxiety from a lifetime of contact sports and being a reckless crazy child.

Just now I was in the shower. I use a special shampoo that comes in this thick hard plastic bottle with a rock hard plastic ‘water bottle’ type mouth to it.

There was not very much shampoo left so I took the normal cap off and started shaking the bottles contents directly on to the top of my head under the water. It still had some product left in it so it was quite heavy. I slipped up as I was shaking the bottle quite rigorously and ended up hitting myself on the top side of my head with the hard bottle mouth. It didn’t hurt that much just stung a tiny bit but it definitely felt like a devastating blow. Left a bit of a sore area I believe.

Do you think this would cause further brain damage or is it more likely to be a sub concussive impact? Thank you very much.

I cant imagine even if it was full it would do any harm.

Mark in Idaho 03-11-2021 04:36 PM

BenW,

Did you ever stop to think and ask yourself, "Do I even want to ask a question like this online?" "Will asking such a question cause people to wonder about my ability to analyze a rather simple event?"

BenW 03-11-2021 08:56 PM

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1292496)
BenW,

Did you ever stop to think and ask yourself, "Do I even want to ask a question like this online?" "Will asking such a question cause people to wonder about my ability to analyze a rather simple event?"

BenW 03-11-2021 08:58 PM

Thank you for the response. Just left a little bruise, so hopefully that surface level trauma is all there is. Had a busy day today with a law exam and running errands and didn’t fool too too bad so hopefully that means it’s a crisis averted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1292492)
I cant imagine even if it was full it would do any harm.

Mark in Idaho 03-12-2021 12:10 AM

BenW,

Think about it. An almost empty shampoo bottle. It weighs maybe 80 grams. Your head weighs 5000 grams, 62 times more......

Half-full, it might weight 250 to 300 grams.

It would need to be shot at your head like a bullet to cause any G force that could be damaging.

Stop and think......

Then, if you are going to ask such a question, stop and thin again. Does it even make sense that it could cause damage other than bruise your skin?

Jomar 03-12-2021 01:48 PM

Maybe put the shampoo ino your hand first then apply it to your head to avoid any issues next time.