NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Is this Neuropathy; (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/256587-neuropathy.html)

Tzolo 04-05-2021 02:04 AM

Is this Neuropathy;

Hi. I am 36 y male with no previous issues I had my first vaccine shot before 1.5 month 2 hours later I started to get pins and needles all over my body and first days I had numnbessin my legs and arms but now they are less. I don't have motor issues or pain. When I put clothes my skin is more sensitive. I visited 3 neurologist and they said me that I dont have neuropathy and its anxious. I did Emg and it was fine and Friday I have to do MRI. A lot of blood test , b12 and allergic antibodies everything's OK. Only one doctor told me OK if you have sensory neuropathy, we can't find it, try to managed it or take Lyrica. I don't know what to do. I saw 2 psychiatrist and they told me that I am hypochondriac. The truth is that I am hypochondriac from my 16, but I am a very functional man and always I managed it. So. What you believe ; Its anxious or I developed neuropathy from the vaccine. Is that possibly;

kiwi33 04-05-2021 04:15 PM

Hi Tzolo

More questions than answers; what (and why) were you vaccinated against?

Why were you prescribed Lyrica?

Do the two psychiatrists you have seen have any reason(s) for labelling you as hypochondriac?

I hope that you find getting answers to these questions helpful.

Tzolo 04-05-2021 05:38 PM

I was vaccinated for covid 19, I had the Pfizer's shot. One of doc that saw me, said that if you have dysesthesia , pins and needles feeling with no reason, as your exams are ok, you should try Lyrica to see how it will go. The docs as they didn't find anything in blood test, MRI and clinical examination said that we cant help you, maybe its in your mind you should see a psychiatrist. So , my thought is, can I have neuropathy sfn by having dysesthesia . Should I do a skin biopsy or its too early..

tnthomas 04-05-2021 06:49 PM

@Tzolo,

3 neurologist said you have don't have Peripheral Neuropathy.

2 psychiatrist said that you are a hypochondriac.

Just my opinion- I think you should make a serious effort to resolve the

hypochondria first, and above all else.

kiwi33 04-05-2021 10:37 PM

Tzolo you were given a vaccine for Covid-19 which is very common. The doctors used the confusing word "dysesthesia" which could mean anything (it is just a fancy way of saying "abnormal sensation").

Doctors have been known to use fancy non-clinical words to impress their patients before and will again.

Tzolo 04-06-2021 01:55 AM

Is there any test I can do to figure out if this is from the vaccine or sensoryneuropathy;

Tzolo 04-06-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi33 (Post 1292870)
Tzolo you were given a vaccine for Covid-19 which is very common. The doctors used the confusing word "dysesthesia" which could mean anything (it is just a fancy way of saying "abnormal sensation").

Doctors have been known to use fancy non-clinical words to impress their patients before and will again.

The problem is that I should do the skin biopsy to find answers. Because Emg was normal and clinical exams. So if I have neuropathy, accute , only sfn sensory could be. R6he question is can I have skin biopsy so soon; only 1.5 mont after these symptom

kiwi33 04-06-2021 04:32 PM

Tzolo I suggest that you discuss the possibility you raised with the doctor who gave you the Covid-19 vaccine.

It would be a good idea to read what is, in bold, shown at the bottom of all Neurotalk pages: Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Prince227 04-13-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzolo (Post 1292863)
Hi. I am 36 y male with no previous issues I had my first vaccine shot before 1.5 month 2 hours later I started to get pins and needles all over my body and first days I had numnbessin my legs and arms but now they are less. I don't have motor issues or pain. When I put clothes my skin is more sensitive. I visited 3 neurologist and they said me that I dont have neuropathy and its anxious. I did Emg and it was fine and Friday I have to do MRI. A lot of blood test , b12 and allergic antibodies everything's OK. Only one doctor told me OK if you have sensory neuropathy, we can't find it, try to managed it or take Lyrica. I don't know what to do. I saw 2 psychiatrist and they told me that I am hypochondriac. The truth is that I am hypochondriac from my 16, but I am a very functional man and always I managed it. So. What you believe ; Its anxious or I developed neuropathy from the vaccine. Is that possibly;

I took the Moderna Covid 19 vaccine 6 weeks ago. Within a week I developed numb arms, legs, hands and feet along with tingling and other sensations. I visited the ER and neurologist, no one admitted or for that matter denied it was from the vaccine. However I’m positive IT IS from the vaccine. I was put on gabapentin which at least helps me sleep and takes the edge off the pains. I notice the symptoms are very similar to the people who have had the rabies vaccines and hopefully will resolve with time as theirs did.

Kitt 04-13-2021 01:48 PM

Welcome Prince227. :welcome_sign: I hope things get better for you.