NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Another hit to the head (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/256670-hit-head.html)

Lance__ 05-03-2021 02:28 PM

Another hit to the head

Hi all,
I posted on here a couple of months ago. I had sustained my ~8th concussion in the beginning of March. I was doing physical therapy and overall really felt like I was improving. I felt like I was starting to think clearly again. I really only had headaches and neck pain as a residual symptom. However on Saturday morning when I woke up , I turned over and hit my head on the wall.
I tried to tell myself that it was nothing I was okay. However the past two days have been tough. The brain fog is back and my eyes have gotten worse. The headaches are also worse. Did I do it again? I feel like I have the worst luck. I can’t catch a break.

Mark in Idaho 05-05-2021 02:39 AM

You reinjured your neck. Deal with your neck.

If your PT is working your neck to maximize range of motion, it will take years to become stable.

Michael H 05-05-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance__ (Post 1293343)
Hi all,
I posted on here a couple of months ago. I had sustained my ~8th concussion in the beginning of March. I was doing physical therapy and overall really felt like I was improving. I felt like I was starting to think clearly again. I really only had headaches and neck pain as a residual symptom. However on Saturday morning when I woke up , I turned over and hit my head on the wall.
I tried to tell myself that it was nothing I was okay. However the past two days have been tough. The brain fog is back and my eyes have gotten worse. The headaches are also worse. Did I do it again? I feel like I have the worst luck. I can’t catch a break.

Hi Lance__

So sorry to hear your unhappy tale. How unlucky you've been! It sounds as though Mark has given you a lot of advice, and from reading his background he knows what he is talking about.

The only advice that I can add is to try and relax your mind as much as you can. Maybe a relaxed mind may give the brain more opportunity to heal? When I had problems (some years ago) with being scared and having lots of negative thoughts about something, I discovered that if I put headphones on and laid down on the settee listening to my favourite music, after (to start with) about an hour I found that I achieved a strange, gentle peace in my head. Over a period of a few months (I did this almost daily) I "learned" to look at the back of my eyes and bring it on more quickly. The results were life-changing for me. A lot of the negative thoughts went away, and I found that I didn't really care any more about the ones that didn't. Then they went away as well. But it did take a little while to learn it. Maybe it would be worth your while to give it a try?

Regards
Michael H

Mark in Idaho 05-05-2021 10:31 PM

Lance, Icing your neck would be worthwhile, too.