NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Symptom of TOS, RSD or neither??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/25669-symptom-tos-rsd-neither.html)

wildberry2277 08-10-2007 10:37 PM

Symptom of TOS, RSD or neither???

I have a question for everyone…. Has any one from either RSD or TOS… Developed a problems with a hair follicle rash underneath their armpits? My PM says it can be caused from a back up with the lymph nodes, sweat glands and all the other contraption I have…. I am really getting concerned and it is really painful adding more pain to my most problematic of spots, under my armpit!

If someone could give me a lot insight and let me know if you have this problem at all? Its really uncomfortable!

Thank you for your responses and pain free hugs! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jomar 08-10-2007 10:47 PM

Is it a all over type of rash ?? or more of cyst like lumps or bumps??

I think Tamara had some cyst like bumps in that area- but it was a year or 2 ago that she mentioned it.

I tend to get puffy and tender in the arm pit /pec area if I over do things like holding a book for reading too long {the static arm posture thing}.
For me it is from bracing my arms and not moving then around enough, the lymph system seems to get clogged up there.
But I can do my strecthes and the lymph drainage massage and that seems to clear it up in a day or 2.

beth 08-11-2007 05:51 PM

Hi Wildberry,

I haven't had this problem, and I have both pec minor issues (had the surgery 10/2004, but once back home had infected stitch that would NOt clear up despite 2 rounds of antibiotics, couldn't get a local surgeon to agree to re-open until 10 wks post-op and it had festered and broken open twice! :eek: Nice, huh? :rolleyes: ) and RSD. Each of us is different though, so you could just present with different symptoms. I do wonder though if it is connected with the lymph and possibly sweat glands being blocked or slow to drain.

One source you might google are forums for post-mastectomy lymphadema (sp) and see if this rash has been mentioned. Massage for lymphadema can help get the waste fluids that are pooled up moving again. You can find directions for self-massage, or local breast cancer centers should be able to give you names of OT/PTs or massage therapists trained in lymphadema massage.

beth :hug:

gibbrn 08-12-2007 11:38 PM

Hi

I get underarm pain as well as rash. I use a scrub in the shower or an amazing loufa....natural one or a sisal bursh just to exfoliate so no ingrown hairs to cause bumps as the pain is bad enough. I get them occasionally. I have used a scrub made of sea salts(large grain) baking soda, epsom salts and any essential oil I felt needed to be added.

Massage therapist can help to remove lymp flow in the armpit and get the lymph area moving again. I had over 80% occlusion of subclavian vein before I had my surgery so was really swollen at times.

Heat and bad deoderant doesn't help a rash either. I hope you can get things moving again,
Best of luck,
Victoria;)