NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello I am new here (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/256911-hello-am.html)

Mark D 07-31-2021 12:24 PM

Hello I am new here

Hi everyone who suffers
I am a 59 year old male who has been suffering for many years !
I had multiple nerve entrapment issues and surgery to correct them carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve over three times each.
This is now 5 years later and I get horrendous feet electric shocks and burning up my shins and calves. Arms burn too pretty much all the time.
Neurologist consultant has found I have zero reflexes and fail the balance tests.
So I am now awaiting nerve conduction velocity tests (again after 4years)

So this is me!

kiwi33 07-31-2021 05:35 PM

Hi Mark

Welcome to the community.

Best wishes.

Lara 07-31-2021 10:06 PM

Hi Mark,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

I'm sorry you've been dealing with this pain for so long. I'm sure you'll find information and support here.

Check out some of the other forums as well.

Repetitive Strain Injury Forum. This is a subforum of the Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Forum.

Peripheral Neuropathy Forum

Some forums are slower than others, but the Search Feature at top of the page is useful if you use specific keywords.
Just examples... entrapment, compression, neuropathies.

take care.

Mark D 08-01-2021 03:02 AM

Thanks for the comment

At the Neurology appointment last week she said my reflexes were now "abolished" and pin prick sensation almost non existent in my right foot and poor on the left. When I stand on a cold bathroom floor I cannot feel anything. I have been checked for SFN biopsy clear. Conduction studies 2018 were normal.
As the neurologist thinks it's much worse she is sending me for these again. Awaiting appointment. In a way I hope they show I have PN just to stop me feeling like a fraud.

agate 08-01-2021 11:40 AM

Welcome, Mark D!

I hope that the neurologist can come up with some answers for you very soon.

You've been the surgery route a few times. Sometimes, unfortunately, surgery creates new problems. I hope that this time a nonsurgical treatment can be found for you.

Surgery is invasive, and I'd hesitate about opting for it.

:Wave-Hello: :Good-Luck:

Kitt 08-01-2021 12:48 PM

Welcome Mark D. :Tip-Hat:

Atticus 08-02-2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark D (Post 1294684)
Hi everyone who suffers
I am a 59 year old male who has been suffering for many years !
I had multiple nerve entrapment issues and surgery to correct them carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve over three times each.
This is now 5 years later and I get horrendous feet electric shocks and burning up my shins and calves. Arms burn too pretty much all the time.
Neurologist consultant has found I have zero reflexes and fail the balance tests.
So I am now awaiting nerve conduction velocity tests (again after 4years)

So this is me!

Hey Mark,

I just wanted to ask you what Physical Therapy if any the NHS has offered you? Or have you tried physio etc?

Best wishes,
Atty

Mark D 08-04-2021 10:26 AM

No physical therapy at all