NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   Some weird feeling on left side of cheek (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/257093-weird-feeling-left-cheek.html)

zypher 09-28-2021 11:56 AM

Some weird feeling on left side of cheek

I am 21M. A bit longer than month ago,I felt having this slight feeling in my eye are. It did not hurt just made me uncomfortable. I consulted the ophthalmologist and got glasses and was prescribed some citrizine and some eye multivitamin.

But recently I have started having that strange feeling in my left cheek. It don't hurt, it is not exactly numb feeling, hard to explain but might be some sort of heavy feeling. I don't see any visible difference but if I put some external pressure on that area, I won't feel that weird sensation. It don't stay constant, like most of the time I can ignore it and for time while I have been trying to ignore it, thinking of it as placebo. But right now as I am typing this, I am definitely feeling it. It is some sort of heavy feeling that exists on slightly lower to my left cheek bone, also feel like there might be something on my face (like cobweb).

I want to know what might this be and what kind of doc should I consult with.

Kitt 09-28-2021 01:10 PM

Welcome Zypher. :Tip-Hat: Someone will be along.

caroline2 09-28-2021 01:45 PM

Op: Hard to know, it may pass and at 21 can't imagine. I'd experiment with some ibuprofen taking it food and see if that does any good. Did you add any drugs, did you do the covid vaccines, so many thoughts come to mind.

zypher 09-29-2021 09:27 AM

I had my both shots of Astrazaneca and I got fever and fatigue both times. I consulted neuropsychiatrist today, they prescribed me esscitalopram oxalate and clonazepam, tofisopam and multivit with methylcobalmin. And also told me to ignore it. Though I had some work out earlier and the feeling feels more active and not a bit easy to

I have seen similar topics on the forum. But none of the user updated with their medical routine.

caroline2 09-29-2021 02:05 PM

OP: Sorry to hear that, so so many reports of side effects from the vaccines...I could write a book on what I've read. ** What to do, many ask that one, take more Vit C, Vit D and Zinc and bottom line, it's a waiting game. Hope no more advancing issues from the jabs..

Lara 09-29-2021 04:31 PM

There are posts if I recall correctly regarding the "cobweb" feeling. I think they relate to parasthesias for various different reasons. The fact that you have no pain is good although you might want to search the forums for that cobweb feeling. It might give some clues. I would have suggested the Trigeminal Neuralgia or even Dental forums if you had pain, but I doubt you can have TN with no pain, but I don't really know about all that. You could search there though. It just seems suspicious it's in one side of face and you had an eye issue as well.

all the best. Do try the search feature at the top of the screen if you haven't already.

https://www.neurotalk.org/search.php

Lara 09-29-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zypher (Post 1295821)
I had my both shots of Astrazaneca and I got fever and fatigue both times. I consulted neuropsychiatrist today, they prescribed me esscitalopram oxalate and clonazepam, tofisopam and multivit with methylcobalmin. And also told me to ignore it. Though I had some work out earlier and the feeling feels more active and not a bit easy to

I have seen similar topics on the forum. But none of the user updated with their medical routine.

Just curious, I'm wondering if the doctor said this was related to anxiety or depression or something? That cobweb feeling (or other paresthesia) can be related to physical anxiety symptoms as well as numerous other things nothing to do with anxiety though. I see that your doctor has prescribed 2 forms of benzos at the same time as well as Lexapro. Wondering if you have coexisting or underlying conditions already?

I hope you feel better and the feeling goes away soon. Let us know how you're doing. My daughter takes Lexapro. It took a couple of weeks for her to adjust and to get used to it, so be aware of that possibility.

zypher 09-29-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 1295839)
Just curious, I'm wondering if the doctor said this was related to anxiety or depression or something? That cobweb feeling (or other paresthesia) can be related to physical anxiety symptoms as well as numerous other things nothing to do with anxiety though. I see that your doctor has prescribed 2 forms of benzos at the same time as well as Lexapro. Wondering if you have coexisting or underlying conditions already?

I hope you feel better and the feeling goes away soon. Let us know how you're doing. My daughter takes Lexapro. It took a couple of weeks for her to adjust and to get used to it, so be aware of that possibility.

Thanks for your reply. I only visited that doc bc he mentioned he was neurologist online. I don't think I am depressed, though I do get anxious sometimes. But I think I can manage all that on my own. Lately I have been pushing myself to be social as well. And I have checked those meds can be addictive. So I am gonna avoid them for now.

Now coming to my original problem. My left eyesight is good, right one is more effected and feeling is one my left cheek. I did search some posts, and I don't think any of them had any answers.. I will give it another try. It's not exactly cobweb feel. It feels more like some sort of very slight pressure coming beneath the cheek like I can feel the nerve there (but without any pulse).

Can it be muscles, but the skin don't feel any different on touching.

Jomar 09-30-2021 12:10 PM

Maybe TMJ?
Any face bumps or jaw injuries in the past?
some chiropractors specialize in face pain/symptoms..

zypher 10-01-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jomar (Post 1295856)
Maybe TMJ?
Any face bumps or jaw injuries in the past?
some chiropractors specialize in face pain/symptoms..

No such history. There is no pain in jaw or face. I never clench teeth. But sometimes from left side, I do hear some sort of sound by muscles which (it comes and goes), still no pain.

On focusing it more, it kinda feels like a nerve flowing like sensation but it is not exactly pulsating.