NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New member, post surgery issues? (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/257140-post-surgery-issues.html)

Trex 10-15-2021 07:08 AM

New member, post surgery issues?

Hi all and thanks for reading.

I had surgery on my cervical spine, a mesh was fitted between c5 and c6. I also had spurs removed that was causing complete loss of use and feeling in both my arms.

When the surgery was done about 5 years ago they entered though the throwt moving my throwt organs to my left. However, I am now suffering from what I can only describe as a dislocated larynx, if I turn my head and talk or eat, it pops out and I have to move it back in place. If the pressure is put on my throwt I suffer like a shock pain that shots to my spine, it also become very uncomfortable and the area can feel inflamed. I suffer terrible headaches and am having trouble sleeping. I also have a dehydrated disk in the middle of my back along with vulging disks in my lower back.

My question is has anyone had similar problems after surgery? Talking to my doctor is impossible and am not getting the care I feel it needs. I have researched something called "Glossopharyngeal neuralgia" and wonder is this could be the issue as I suffer most if not all the symptoms.

Thank you to anyone who reads this and I wish anyone with any spinal issues the very best and hope you recover soon. X

Kitt 10-15-2021 09:05 AM

Welcome Trex. :Wave-Hello: Someone will be along.

Jomar 10-15-2021 10:23 AM

You might need to get an opinion from a new Dr..if the surgeon won't help.

caroline2 10-15-2021 12:56 PM

OP: Sorry for all your post surgery issues, that's not unusual. I did not have cervical surgery but a hip replacement and 11 yrs later I live with issues from that surgery. I can still hear the Prolotherapy and PRP MD's saying "surgery cannot be reversed" . Prolo work is done on all areas of the body including cervical and the reason is to save people from surgery.

Not much more to offer, many surgeries should not be done, they are often elective.

Lara 10-15-2021 05:46 PM

Hi Trex,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.
I'm sorry to read about your pain.
Just wanting to let you know there is a forum here at NT that includes Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia at the link below

Occipital Neuralgia and other Cranial Neuralgias
Occipital Neuralgia, Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia, Nervus Intermedius (or Geniculate Neuralgia), and Vegal and Superior Laryngeal Neuralgia.

There may be helpful info there and others dealing with the same concerns.

Also the

Spinal Disorders and Back Pain

Forum Search Feature

take care.