NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Oh, hi. (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/257203-oh-hi.html)

Porcelain Dolly 11-19-2021 08:36 PM

Oh, hi.

I've been reading the forum for a while and just today joined. I have spine issues and am finding that I could benefit from having someone to talk to about some of the scary neurological things that are happening to me. Hopefully I can offer some help and support to others as well. This seems like a helpful group of good people and I am happy to be here. :Wave-Hello:

caroline2 11-19-2021 09:19 PM

Hi and welcome. Can you explain your spine issues. Have you had a doctor dx? I've dealt with spine arthritis since I was 18 when it first started to come on and I've managed it with all kind of work all my life and I'm 83. All gotten worse with age and a hip replacement I did 11 yrs ago. Let us know your issues.

Porcelain Dolly 11-20-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1296690)
Hi and welcome. Can you explain your spine issues. Have you had a doctor dx? I've dealt with spine arthritis since I was 18 when it first started to come on and I've managed it with all kind of work all my life and I'm 83. All gotten worse with age and a hip replacement I did 11 yrs ago. Let us know your issues.

Hi, Caroline. My issues stem from a birth defect (developmental hip displasia) that set off a 50 year chain of events including limb length descrepancy, advanced avascular necrosis of hip, scoliosis, reversed cervical curve and spinal stenosis. Like you, I know what it is like to experience arthritis as a kid. :hug: I've not had my hip replaced though. I was given the option when I was 26 years old but declined the offer.

Kitt 11-20-2021 12:02 PM

Welcome Porcelain Dolly. :Wave-Hello:

caroline2 11-20-2021 01:08 PM

Hi again, reading your info you mention AVN and I know that is advanced with steroid use. I avoid any steroids.

agate 11-20-2021 03:07 PM

Welcome, Porcelain Dolly!

Declining the offer of a hip replacement may have been smart. I have hip arthritis and so far no surgery has been suggested, but if it ever is, I'm pretty sure I'd decline too.

Years ago my mother had a hip replacement. She had been assured that it wouldn't be difficult. She was 76 at the time and in good health otherwise except for crippling rheumatoid arthritis.

But after that one hip replacement she didn't want the other one done. It had been too much of an ordeal.

Porcelain Dolly 11-20-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1296697)
Hi again, reading your info you mention AVN and I know that is advanced with steroid use. I avoid any steroids.

I avoid steroids too. :)

Porcelain Dolly 11-20-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agate (Post 1296699)
Welcome, Porcelain Dolly!

Declining the offer of a hip replacement may have been smart. I have hip arthritis and so far no surgery has been suggested, but if it ever is, I'm pretty sure I'd decline too.

Years ago my mother had a hip replacement. She had been assured that it wouldn't be difficult. She was 76 at the time and in good health otherwise except for crippling rheumatoid arthritis.

But after that one hip replacement she didn't want the other one done. It had been too much of an ordeal.

Hi Agate. I've seen my own mother have knees, hips, and knuckles replaced due to RA and each surgery takes a little more out of her. "Too much of an ordeal" is exactly right.