NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   my physical therapy (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/257283-physical-therapy.html)

mymorgy 12-16-2021 10:50 AM

my physical therapy

he seems kind and great. He told me to put the walker by the bed instead of reaching on my bike to get out of the bed.
He will email me some exercises to do at first. we did a little balancing. he showed me how to safely get out of the bathtub and get in it. I won't try i til he comes next week. there is hope.
he gave me a wide rubber band to use 15 times to help strengthen my ankle. I guess I will do it a few times a day

Dmom3005 12-16-2021 11:02 AM

Bobby

I'm really impressed he really listened to you. As to what you really
needed to have help with. I like this one. He is a keeper.

And yes, please do the ankle strengthening exercises a few times a
day. Now if the ankles start hurting don't do more than a few more
than hurt. Its not to start them hurting.

Donna:hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 12-16-2021 11:18 AM

you are so right. he is a keeper and he gave me hope.
love
bobby

larry b 12-17-2021 04:29 PM

if I may ask,why are you doing physical therapy. I'm new to ANY forums, have to start somewhere !

mymorgy 12-18-2021 01:02 AM

so very glad you are here. We are a tiny group and I am the oldest 77 1/2.
I had a stroke 4 or 5 years ago and my right leg is weaker. I didn't even know I had a stroke until 2 weeks later. In a little more than a year I have had four bad falls. I didn't break anything but got badly bruised. The last one was the scariest when I was getting out of the bathtub and fell and hit my head on the toilet bowl and also bruised my side. I used to be so athletic.
I am now ready to try p.t. -before I walked with a cane and now a walker.
I didn't do my exercises yesterday because I only got two hours of last. rats
bobby who is bipolar 2.

Dmom3005 12-18-2021 06:24 PM

Bobby

Just make sure you try each day to do them. There are days
you are going to forget.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 12-18-2021 07:26 PM

i am so upset. I have felt so rotten with my and exhausted i think because of the medication, i have skipped the exercises for the past two days. rats
he did fix my walker. it was too high so less stress on my arms and easier to use. I am positive once I start the exercises eventually i will just need a cane. now i obsess about the exercises. they will free me.
love
bobby

bizi 12-18-2021 07:30 PM

good luck with that!! have you ever tried the stretch bands?
they are good for resistance training.
love bizi

mymorgy 12-18-2021 07:36 PM

i did it when he was here. he said it would strengthen the muscles to prevent my ankle from collapsing. I couldn't even do that today. I am getting closer to use the bath tub. what a wreck.
love
bobby