NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   no new medication (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/257298-medication.html)

mymorgy 12-19-2021 08:55 AM

no new medication

I am no longer open to try new medication. I can't stand the side effects and the medications I am on hardly work, klonopin and aplenzin.
For a little more than a week geodon worked and showed me what it is like to feel normal. then it stopped. I so miss those feelings but they really showed me what i am up against.
I threw out more shoes this morning and got more sleep.

bizi 12-19-2021 11:34 AM

I am glad that you got some more sleep!
love you
bizi

mymorgy 12-19-2021 01:29 PM

i feel so rotten. i left a message to cancel my p.t. appointment for tomorrow.
my stomach feels awful and it did all night and i am exhausted. i have finally been sleeping a lot. i don't think i have a fever.
love
bobby

bizi 12-19-2021 03:08 PM

sorry you are feeling rotten.
have you ever taken probiotics?
They are supposed to help tummy issues.
they come in capsules, there is a liquid form that is good
for the tummy called kefir
It is a milk product kinda like liquid yogurt has a lot of active good cultures.
Don't know if you are allergic to dairy. you would drink 4 oz before bed and let
that be the last thing you eat or drink.
just thinking of you.
love bizi

mymorgy 12-19-2021 04:50 PM

i have them but haven't taken them regularly. i have ibs.-c. i finally started going this morning after taking a laxative last night and it has been all diarrhea.it is all water. i am just having toast and coffee although i should have tea instead. i am still sleeping. i don't think it is covid.
love
bpbby

bizi 12-19-2021 09:28 PM

my thoughts are with you. glad to hear that you are sleeping more!
bizi

mymorgy 12-20-2021 04:23 AM

i slept most of day and night. I still feel very gassy so my stomach is still bothering me. I wonder if it is partially related to my going cold turkey off of Pristiq. I was hardly on it.
Yesterday I just had toast. I am going to search the internet to see if there is something very bland that I can have that will help my stomach. Yesterday morning at least I thought of some food. I really think it is my irritable bowel syndrome. I thought of oatmeal but I don't do well with fiber. I have been taking peppermint capsules.
Maybe those two days of not sleeping really triggered my ibs.
Aby has been so extremely friendly. Even Pudge yesterday slept on the bed for a few hours. I have tried pills for gas but they haven't helped.

Of these potential gas treatments, peppermint oil is the only one the ACG recommends for IBS.

Why fasting might improve IBS If your symptoms occur as a response to eating — such as gas, bloating, or diarrhea after eating — Warren says that longer fasting periods (or structured meal spacing) may be useful in managing these types of symptoms. This, in turn, may have positive effects on IBS symptoms.

bizi 12-20-2021 10:25 AM

I intermitant fast skip breakfast and no snacking after dinner, so my eating drinking any calories window is 1130-7 pm between 7-8 hours then not eat anything else for 16 hours. I am also reducing the amount I eat and watching carbs. so no snacking after dinner.
brach's makes peppermint candies in individual wrapped pieces.maybe you could give those a try????
sorry you are dealing with cIBS C.
love bizi
you are probably making up for not sleeping.

mymorgy 12-20-2021 10:34 AM

i use peppermint oil capsules that are coated.
love
bobby

they didn't find cecilia, will and supposedly in is not legal in ny.
love
bobby

Dmom3005 12-20-2021 03:35 PM

Bobby

You might try, eggs, applesauce and bananas.

Donna :grouphug: