NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   gaba (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/257394-gaba.html)

mymorgy 01-08-2022 06:58 AM

gaba

just bought some for anxiety. my klonopin wasn't been working that well and already taking 2 mg in morning and two in evening.

bizi 01-08-2022 10:46 AM

I hope it helps what about valerian root?bizi

mymorgy 01-08-2022 11:02 AM

i tried that and it didn't work. right now i am just so anxious and out of control. i have been on a spending spree and an eating spree and have trouble sleeping and am irritable. I started looking for a therapist who specialized in bipolar. that is making me anxious.
can't wait to have chinese food for lunch. have no idea what i weigh now.
love
bobby

Lara 01-08-2022 10:39 PM

I have forgotten if you said once that you were taking an antidepressant, Bobby?

It's been ages since I looked up anything about GABA. I'm pretty sure there was a reason I couldn't try it although I just read the paragraph in the article below about immune system and inflammation and gut biome and now I know why I probably can't take that because it may interfer with my cancer treatments.

I just found some good info on Psychology Today Au.3 Amazing Benefits of GABA. There are probably better articles, but that was the easiest one for me to read at the moment.

What you should know about a popular supplement for sleep, stress, and anxiety.
3 Amazing Benefits of GABA | Psychology Today Australia

Please be cautious hey? Lots of people around touting remedies that can be so very dangerous mixed with medications that people are already taking. I'm very anxious at the moment as well and barely sleeping so I feel for you. :hug:

bizi 01-08-2022 11:21 PM

nice to see you lara!
sorry that you are suffering with not sleeping.
I take klonipin to sleep and it has worked for years.
take care sweetie!
bizi

mymorgy 01-09-2022 02:03 AM

hi
i am taking aplenzin for depression. yes i tend to be careless.
How are you doing? I wish you would post more and tell us how you are doing. How are you doing?
Fondly,
Bobby

bizi 01-09-2022 11:24 AM

Dear Lara, I don't think I knew you were having cancer treatments.
Would you like to share what kind?
love bizi

GeeLuv 01-09-2022 01:56 PM

Hey Bobby, is this gabapentin?

Also, i have just kinda been wondering why all the new threads lately? I'll be honest, it's a little bit of a struggle for me to keep up. I tend to read posts from emails, but if its a new thread i cant subscribe. Just a thought. I'm sure you have your reasons, i just was getting used to the one major thread for each person here. Sorry to be annoying.

bizi 01-09-2022 07:15 PM

It is not gabapentin. I don't know what gaba is?????
bizi

Lara 01-09-2022 09:52 PM

It's an amino acid. Used as a supplement. Not gabapentin/neurontin