NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Struggling with fibromyalgia (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/257486-struggling-fibromyalgia.html)

Butterflygirl 02-20-2022 05:43 PM

Struggling with fibromyalgia

I was born with multiple birth defects. I'm having serious problems with my eyes defects. I'm very scared now. Today my fibro is terrible.
I hope this is a safe and supportive place.
Take carexx

Lara 02-20-2022 06:52 PM

Hi Butterfly girl,
Welcome the NeuroTalk Support Groups.
I'm sorry that you're in so much pain.

There is a fibromyalgia forum where you might find some tips to help you.

I have similar symptoms to fibromyalgia due to a treatment medication that I take. Its main side effect for me is the same type of unrelenting muscle and joint pain.

Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Forum

Also chronic pain forum below

Chronic Pain Forum

I hope you are able to read the site OK with your eye problems.

You take care too.

caroline2 02-20-2022 09:05 PM

I was given the FM dx in about 1999 and was also told it's a "waste basket" of things gone wrong that a doctor(s) don't know what to do about. I believe a huge factor is dsyfunctional thyroid, it was in my life.

Maybe you want to tell us your issues, what you've done for the issues etc....

I take no drugs for the FM issue, but I know a good deal of arthritis is mixed in my body also, no drugs there either, an otc pain med every 6 hrs and supplements.....

Kitt 02-21-2022 09:41 AM

Welcome Butterflygirl. :welcome_sign:

agate 02-21-2022 11:40 AM

Welcome, Butterflygirl!:)

I've been registered here for many years, and have always found this to be a supportive place.

Butterflygirl 02-24-2022 05:14 PM

Need support and friends

I'm in crisis with my vision. Complications from birth defects. I have so many issues it's hard to know where to begin.
I have narrow angle glaucoma. It's urgent I could go blind. I don't know what to do. Feel very scared.

agate 02-25-2022 11:43 AM

Hi Butterflygrl,
I hope you have a good ophthalmologist, as narrow-angle glaucoma is serious but I believe that there are ways of preventing blindness if you have competent medical care.

Sometimes we get so scared that we're almost paralyzed by fear--and then we fail to do what we need to do. I hope that you're not too scared to keep medical appointments, listen to the advice given and follow through with any prescribed medicine or procedures.

If you make up your mind that you can find a work-around for this eye problem (or other problems you're having), that might help. There's a lot to be said for looking on the bright side.:)