NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Trigeminal Neuralgia (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/)
-   -   New to this forum and suffering with neuralgia. (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/257773-forum-suffering-neuralgia.html)

Lily19710819 06-21-2022 04:26 PM

New to this forum and suffering with neuralgia.

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, hoping to connect with others who have suffered or are suffering with neuralgia.
The shocking pain (literally shocking!) in my forehead and on the top of my head and behind my eye, all on the right side, is so debilitating. I collapsed at the weekend and had to go to the emergency room.
I am too afraid to wash my hair and my face and I feel like my life is over.
I am now on Tegretol plus another anti convulsant and a painkiller called Metamizol.
Can we talk please fellow sufferers? And I'd love to hear some success stories from those who have overcome this awful condition.
Thanks for reading,
Lisa

Jomar 06-21-2022 11:25 PM

Hello.
You can find our TN sticky threads with helpful info above this TN threads section.
Our site search tool can find keywords , medications etc in past posts also.
Search linked in my siggy .

Rivertender 03-20-2023 03:09 PM

I am onpy replying because i am not seeing anyone replying to you.....or I am unable to navigate successfully.

I am on here to find info so my wife and I can make decisions about how to treat the wildly debilitating trigeminal neuralgia. It's looking a little thin, but I am new here and will keep exploring.

My hoppe is that you did find some relief.

Wander3314@gmail.co 03-02-2024 09:14 AM

Tn 1

Hi, I have had TN 1 twice. I had it six years ago after a head injury to the side of my head. TN started immediately. I now have again. The pain is excruciating.
What I noticed was that I was causing the shocks if I wasn't careful. Things like brushing my teeth, touching my face, showering all caused shocks. After acknowledging this I realized that if I was very careful I might only have one shock a day. It is very difficult to change a lifetime of habits.
Therefore I would try not to have any shocks in three days. I accomplished this with difficulty and decided to keep going for eight days. After eight days I was curious to see what would happen if I touched my nose. My nose always caused the most horrible shocks. So I touched my nose and nothing happened! It was gone! I believe giving the nerve a rest helped it heal
So after two months I was finally able to shave my face. I hope this helps someone with a similar problem. I know every case is different but this worked for me. Prior to this I was investigating all options. Most seemed barbaric.