NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   New with questions (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/257859-questions.html)

Antiqueteenager 08-08-2022 10:11 PM

New with questions

Spouse had a fall ,c1&2 fractured,several facial fractures and now we are living separately because of his behaviors that I feel are from his fall.
Today he was finally diagnosed with post concussion syndrome. My questions are 1. Does this get better/ go away?
2. Will his outbursts/ behaviors go back to normal?

Ty in advance for any advice or personal experiences with this^

Kitt 08-09-2022 08:30 AM

Welcome Antiqueteenager. :Tip-Hat: Someone will be along.

davOD 08-09-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiqueteenager (Post 1300484)
Spouse had a fall ,c1&2 fractured,several facial fractures and now we are living separately because of his behaviors that I feel are from his fall.
Today he was finally diagnosed with post concussion syndrome. My questions are 1. Does this get better/ go away?
2. Will his outbursts/ behaviors go back to normal?

Ty in advance for any advice or personal experiences with this^

You have lots of questions and none are simple to answer. Sorry

Yes much can change over time and get better....But also many things can change to anyones behavior after head trauma.

Long story short, my wife took the time while I was recovering to get every insult she could like it would make things better? Needless to say, as soon as I got a little better I was gone, and never went back! Over 15 years and Im still healing and getting better, and I dont look back or miss my X!

Time heals all wounds, protect yourself from violence and see what happens over time. Best of luck to you and yours.

Jomar 08-09-2022 12:17 PM

There some past posts about anger and hormonal changes after head injuries.
Our search tool should find some of them for you.
There is similar threads listed near the bottom of this page.

The getting better part is very hard to say, depends on so many variables.

DrewDigital 08-09-2022 03:15 PM

Post concussion syndrome is an inflammatory condition. Anger and other mood disorders are also linked to inflammation. Alot of the foods we eat cause inflammation which will also inhibit the healing. So a good first step is to avoid inflammatory foods.

Stop eating -
  • soda
  • sugar/fructose/corn syrup
  • wheat
  • processed foods
  • fried foods
  • refined carbohydrates
  • foods with added sugar
  • processed vegetable and seed oils (polyunsaturated fats)
  • (safflower oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, corn oil)
  • Trans fats (shortening, hydrogenated vegetable oils)

Eat this instead:
  • Replace wheat with whole grains. (Paleo flour, quinoa flour, almond flour, coconut flour, chickpea flour, etc)
  • Eat a moderate amount of protein, lots of vegetables, some fruit
  • cook with lots of healthy saturated fats (animal fats, coconut oil, butter, olive oil).

Also take a look at my concussion protocol: