NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New, scared, sudden onset neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/258021-scared-sudden-onset-neuropathy.html)

Hot feet 11-07-2022 04:11 PM

New, scared, sudden onset neuropathy

Hi all, new to forums.

I'm a healthy 42 year old that basically over night after a day of being on my feet suddenly developed what I fear is neuropathy. It's been two months now.
I still have no official diagnosis, however my symptoms are 24/7 burning feet, mainly bottom of feet but partially also on sides and top. They feel super hot or like I'm standing on ice, or cold and hot at the same time, tingle, ache and burn, sometimes buzzing. No loss of sensation, in fact oversensitive.
I've seen a podiatrist, physiotherapist and multiple doctors. Bloodtests (including rheumatic tests and Lyme) all came back normal. B12 was high not low. Ferritin super low, only 4, so on iron supplements now, so far no help. Kinesiotape gives some relief but doesn't help all the way. Ibuprofen doesn't even touch it. I've tried warming as well as cooling creams. I feel like my life as I know it is over :( so I need some comforting words I guess and hope that it can get better or at least easier to cope with.
The thing I don't understand is, how is it (or is it?) possble to develop neuropathy over night without any event? no diabetes, barely drink alkohol. I'm still holding on to some distant hope that it is something else, something that can pass. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jomar 11-07-2022 06:59 PM

One summer on a 100 degree day, I wore some shoes that got way to tight when my feet swelled due to the heat. My feet were sore for a month and I had to get larger shoes right away to deal with the rest of the hot days .
But they didn't burn so much as just ache and hurt until.
Just mentioning in case something like that might fit.

Kitt 11-08-2022 09:46 AM

Welcome Hot feet. :welcome_sign:

agate 11-08-2022 08:10 PM

Welcome, Hot feet!

Neurological problems are very weird, and answers aren't easy to come by. Shoes that are irritating your feet in some way might indeed be the problem, as Jomar suggested. Maybe even the socks you wear? There's a big difference in socks--what they're made of, their thickness, etc.

You don't mention how long you've been taking the iron supplements but you don't get an immediate effect from them. It's a slow gradual improvement.

Cold hands and feet can be a symptom of iron-deficiency as I understand it.

You might want to try experimenting with more exercise, less exercise, or different types of exercise, especially if the exercise involves the legs and feet.

I'm sorry I can't say anything more helpful. I hope things will get better for you soon.

StarKing 12-25-2022 08:20 PM

I have similar symptoms. I have come to think it could be alcohol related. Though I don't drink all the time. But I do binge. I don't know if that is causal here for yourself. But I was foxed about my sudden symptoms...then I found out about alcohol induced neuropathy. Just raising a factor you might want to consider if only to set aside. K.

Lara 12-26-2022 04:09 AM

Hi StarKing,
Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

I just wanted to let you know about a thread in this forum below just in case you hadn't seen it before

https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism...-and-recovery/

Here's the latest thread.

Alcohol Induced Neuropathy Part 2

There's a wealth of information has been posted there over the years relating to neuropathy and alcohol.

There is also
PN Forum
and
PN Tips, Resources, Supplements & Other Treatments

take care.

StarKing 12-26-2022 04:40 AM

Links...😁

Thank you linking me to those....err...links. Great.