NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Medical Gaslighting (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/258077-medical-gaslighting.html)

JKPHOTO 11-25-2022 03:20 PM

Medical Gaslighting

I found this to be fascinating and I believe I am a victim of Medical Gaslighting.
I knew the connection between Statins and nerve damage 20 years ago. The doctor said that he would be doing me a disservice to not have me on a Statin, so I am still. Perhaps they do prevent heart attack and strokes, so you have to choose what is more important to you. Also, about 6-7 years I discovered the connection of Metformin and low B12 to nerve damage and when tested it was very low so I am supplementing. Recently I have been told that Metformin did not cause low B12, but it can. I was also told that Statins do not cause nerve damage. Nixon and Watergate was not the break in, but the cover up. Clinton was not Lewinsky, but the cover up. I am very fearful for the patients that come after me since much of my condition should have been prevented. By me and the doctors, but it did not happen that way. Now they tell me to see a therapist and do water exercises. Terrific.

What Is Medical Gaslighting?

what is medical gaslighting - Google Search

caroline2 11-26-2022 01:47 PM

You call it Gaslighting, I have called it for years pushing a drug to fit the doctor/pharma narrative. at the time and health issues the experts are presented with. I woke up to this over 30 yrs. ago. Every drug comes with a list of side effects..

JKPHOTO 11-26-2022 07:07 PM

I agree, but what now? I have tried many alternative treatments with no help. For starters, perhaps dump Statin drugs and use red yeast extract.

caroline2 11-26-2022 08:42 PM

Foods to reduce cholesterol. Do you stay on top of the proper foods we need to keep things Moving?

Myth: Eating foods with a lot of cholesterol will not make my cholesterol levels go up.
Fact: It can be complicated. We know that foods with a lot of cholesterol usually also have a lot of saturated fat. Saturated fats can make your cholesterol numbers higher, so it’s best to choose foods that are lower in saturated fats. Foods made from animals, including red meat, butter, and cheese, have a lot of saturated fats.

Instead, aim to eat foods with plenty of fiber, such as oatmeal and beans; and healthy unsaturated fats, such as avocados, olive oil, and nuts. Learn more about healthy diets and nutrition at CDC’s Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity website

Personally I don't fret about cholesterol, I know our bodies and BRAINS need it. But have been working more and more on high fiber foods such as Beans....I don't eat oatmeal.

I believe too many statins today are causing more and more dementia.

caroline2 11-26-2022 08:59 PM

This link gives 3 specifics for lowering cholesterol: Bergamot, Niacin, Garlic.

There is so much info and foods to work with.

Top 5 Natural Supplements To Lower BAD Cholesterol In 2022 | Smarter Reviews

JKPHOTO 11-27-2022 12:25 PM

Very good advice. I have changed quite a bit, but probably still not perfect.
I use Psyllium when I remember to or need. I think I am beyond the point of (know) return. I have kept meat, organic chicken, wild Salmon to about 1-2 a week. Metformin was used first in 1957 and in 1969 it was discovered to increase nerve damage when B12 unchecked, but still denied today by my doctors...
Oatmeal, even whole or steel cut raises my blood sugar.

caroline2 11-27-2022 01:43 PM

I don't care for oatmeal and so many different opinions from many on it's value. Stay on top of diet Photo and drugs are not necessary.

JKPHOTO 11-28-2022 12:41 PM

I may try a trial of getting off Statins, but perhaps way too late. I have heard that Red Yeast Extract with COQ10. Would you consider this, or your suggestion, or all?

caroline2 11-28-2022 02:25 PM

I can't advise you what to do...as I mentioned your total cholesterol is LOW....you posted the numbers. And going lower and lower could bring on dementia as I do believe this is a big cause of so much dementia today, too many statins.

JKPHOTO 11-28-2022 04:46 PM

I understand, I am seeing Naturopathic Doctor and I will discuss it.