NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Bumped head on car door (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/258209-bumped-head-car-door.html)

DeanBJJ 02-11-2023 07:26 PM

Bumped head on car door

Hey guys

Been awhile since I posted.

I'm doing so much better now!

Little jolts, movements etc are not bugging me anymore. It is a slow process but I am getting better each week, month etc.

However, today I was getting into a ute and my car is low so I am used to stepping "down" into the car. The ute I have to climb up and I wasn't used to it. I kinda jumped into the seat a little as I had to get "up" into the seat if that makes sense, but I forgot about my head and I smacked my head onto the car door frame. It wasn't the hardest knock but there was some "movement" and force from my half jumping into the seat.

I immediately felt stressed and my head hurt. I tried not to worry but its been 3 hours and I still feel a bit dizzy/tired.

Is it likely that I have sustained a concussion from this? SHould I go to ER?

davOD 02-12-2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanBJJ (Post 1302664)
Hey guys

Been awhile since I posted.

I'm doing so much better now!

Little jolts, movements etc are not bugging me anymore. It is a slow process but I am getting better each week, month etc.

However, today I was getting into a ute and my car is low so I am used to stepping "down" into the car. The ute I have to climb up and I wasn't used to it. I kinda jumped into the seat a little as I had to get "up" into the seat if that makes sense, but I forgot about my head and I smacked my head onto the car door frame. It wasn't the hardest knock but there was some "movement" and force from my half jumping into the seat.

I immediately felt stressed and my head hurt. I tried not to worry but its been 3 hours and I still feel a bit dizzy/tired.

Is it likely that I have sustained a concussion from this? SHould I go to ER?

What will the ER do? What damage can they fix? If they said you were fine, would you believe them?

Mark in Idaho 02-14-2023 03:33 AM

Really,

DeanBBJ ???

As davOD said, What can the ER do?

How will any diagnosis, either way, change how you live your day tomorrow?

DeanBJJ 03-09-2023 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davOD (Post 1302669)
What will the ER do? What damage can they fix? If they said you were fine, would you believe them?

True I don't usually go to the ER anymore and infact have not been for 8 months

DeanBJJ 03-09-2023 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 1302674)
Really,

DeanBBJ ???

As davOD said, What can the ER do?

How will any diagnosis, either way, change how you live your day tomorrow?

That's fair. I guess I just don't want another one ever again haha.

Mark in Idaho 03-11-2023 07:10 PM

If you don't want another one, take steps to reduce your risk.

You cannot reduce your risk after the event.

If you suffer a head impact, getting a diagnosis does not change the effect of the impact.

Worrying about it being a concussion only causes your brain to be stressed by the anxiety.

DeanBJJ 03-13-2023 03:43 PM

Hey Mark

I have taken many steps to reduce risk but it seems like sometimes you cannot avoid it. Last night during a physio adjustment, the physio went a bit hard and when he drove onto me the back of the table was sticking up and the back of my head hit the table

Mark in Idaho 03-13-2023 09:33 PM

In my opinion, the physio was out of line doing a chiro procedure. .