NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Check-in thread For all mental health participants (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/258394-check-thread-mental-health-participants.html)

bizi 07-08-2023 06:56 PM

Check-in thread For all mental health participants

Chemar recommended we start a thread for all those individuals from mental health forums to check in if you want to. If they would rather not join MSF my support forums, which used to be psych central.I have joined over there and like it. It has a much more diverse forums and the pace is quick. hard to deal with. Although the bipolar forum is slowing down a bit and I don't know why.
So we will need to get the word out as soon as possible.
fondly bizi

GeeLuv 07-08-2023 10:29 PM

hello!
I'm a member of MSFs, but I'll still check in here if there is such a chat like this.
I apologize for my absence lately. Well, I mean I did warn that I'd likely get busy the next few months because I have guests staying here.
Yeah, have had guests. H's Mom, Sis and sister's two boys. I've decided I am keeping the youngest nephew. lol Just kidding, of course, but he's my buddy!
We've been having lots of fun. Unfortunately, this week, I've gotten sick. Actually, H and I are both sick. Even the nephew has had symptoms since like first getting here, but
I'm glad it hasn't been as bad for him to slow him down. I was in bed nearly the whole day today and H slept all afternoon/evening yesterday. Tomorrow will be day 4 of this for me. I really hope
I'll be done with it!

I'm tired.

bizi 07-09-2023 01:20 AM

I am sorry that you have been ill.
hoping that you get to enjoy your family while they are there.

(((((((HUGS)))))
bizi

GeeLuv 07-10-2023 01:09 AM

Thanks! Today was better. I'm hoping I'll be nearly over this tomorrow.
Have been having fun with the family. Haven't done any long travels yet, but
we took a trip to the mall about an hour from here one weekend, and did some local trips to the library.
Not to mention, we (well, they. I slept in that day) went to the July 4th parade, and we watched the local fireworks shows.
Got the inlaw nephews in touch with my sister's kids. They get along well. :)
H and I have plans to take them to our alma mater (which is a few hours away) one weekend, and an amusement park another weekend getaway.
There is also the other site we want to take them too that we found in our neighboring state.
Hopefully, we'll get it all in before they leave. I think they have like 4 weeks left.

GeeLuv 07-10-2023 01:20 AM

Adding this update from my blog on MSF

I completely forgot that my last post was about H requiring additional surgery. Well, now I've been to the doctor about this ganglion cyst that I've had on my wrist for a few months now, and it sounds like the solution is to get it cut out. So I'm scheduled for surgery too. Oh God, I hope it's nothing as bad as H's was, but it will still be an inconvenience, because I'm always using my hands, even my left (non dominant) one! I'm nearly ambidextrous now. But yeah, I'll be unable to use it for a few weeks. The whole thing is stressing me out and making me wonder if I even should go through with it! I have been wearing a wrist brace and the doc says that's been helping to shrink it...what if it goes away on it's own? I might still be left with the wrist pain though, but what if the surgery doesn't even take away the pain, ya know?

ok, i think y'all are pretty much all caught up on my life

Lara 07-18-2023 02:50 PM

Hi GeeLuv and bizi,
Hope you're both doing well. I see you're having surgery soon on your wrist GeeLuv so I hope after that all passes then you'll have so much less pain.

Our Friend/BF/Steve having knee surgery sometime soon. If you see a post from him about it happening soon please wish him all the best for speedy recovery.

Donna's probably still waiting for doctors to get things organized to help her, poor love.

Hope you're doing well bizi and taking care of yourself.

talk later,
Lara.
:Wave-Hello:

bizi 07-18-2023 07:03 PM

Hi Lara thanks for stopping by yes I knew that friend was having knee surgery soon. Don't know exactly when.He is posting on MSF so I will look him up. I will tell him that you were thinking of him and send good wishes for a speedy recovery.
bizi

bizi 08-05-2023 07:05 PM

please private message me if you post here, thank you!
bizi

Lara 08-23-2023 01:40 AM

Hi bizi, I hope you're doing well. I hope the others are as well.

Miss You all. :hug: take care and be safe wherever you are.

bizi 08-27-2023 11:30 PM

thank you for the well wishes. best regards to you.
love bizi