NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   I hit myself hard on head in anger. Scared now (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/258580-hit-hard-head-anger-scared.html)

Anxious_guy 02-23-2024 12:45 PM

I hit myself hard on head in anger. Scared now

I hit myself in anger onto my head with both my hands real hard while having an argument with my dad yesterday. I have had one concussion in 2014 and only have lingering tinnitus from that event. I hit myself so hard on the top of head yesterday that I could feel the impact getting transferred from the scalp to my skull to my brain and seeing lights for a split second. I am Scared to death that I might have given myself another concussion.

I was fine immediately after the incident with no symptoms whatsoever except for some scalp soreness and increase in tinnitus awareness due to extreme anxiety perhaps. I have been recalling the incident since 24 hours to determine how was the nature and angle of the impact and whether it could have had been a concussion or a mild whiplash or nothing at all. The scare is consuming me from inside and I am unable to focus on anything else. I have started all the vitamins and supplements recommend in this forum and have been icing my neck as well. Tinnitus has been unusually loud today so it's freaking me out that it might be another concussion. One thing that's constantly freaking me out is that I will be more susceptible to the next concussion than other people( for upto a year?)

Need help!

davOD 02-24-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anxious_guy (Post 1304165)
I hit myself in anger onto my head with both my hands real hard while having an argument with my dad yesterday. I have had one concussion in 2014 and only have lingering tinnitus from that event. I hit myself so hard on the top of head yesterday that I could feel the impact getting transferred from the scalp to my skull to my brain and seeing lights for a split second. I am Scared to death that I might have given myself another concussion.

I was fine immediately after the incident with no symptoms whatsoever except for some scalp soreness and increase in tinnitus awareness due to extreme anxiety perhaps. I have been recalling the incident since 24 hours to determine how was the nature and angle of the impact and whether it could have had been a concussion or a mild whiplash or nothing at all. The scare is consuming me from inside and I am unable to focus on anything else. I have started all the vitamins and supplements recommend in this forum and have been icing my neck as well. Tinnitus has been unusually loud today so it's freaking me out that it might be another concussion. One thing that's constantly freaking me out is that I will be more susceptible to the next concussion than other people( for upto a year?)

Need help!

From what you wrote here, sounds like you could use a therapist for times like this and other struggles you have. I use my Dr. when I get out of control, she listens and even reminds me this isnt the first time this has happened and offers suggestions.